Windows 2000 DC and NT 4 BDC communction problem

Jordan

We have one windows 2000 DC named "server-00"(Upgrade
from NT 4 PDC) and two windows NT 4 BDC named "server -
01" and "server-02" running in our working environment.
The communction between those server are OK.Let says,
by the use of \\<computer name> command,the conetent of
those computer could be show up properly.

After that,we have install a new windows 2000 DC
name "server-03"into that domain.However,we found that
the communction between the server-03,server-01 and
server-02 got problem.Let says, use "\\server-01" from
server-03,the network path not found error display.Also,
issue "\\server-03" from server-01,the same error appear.
The communication between server-03 and server-02 also
got same problem.Howerver,the communication between
server-00 and server-03 is OK.

Therefore,we would like to know if there were any thing
need to be configured to make the communication between
the windows 2000 DC and NT4 BDC succeed.Thanks!

DNS, What is your DNS setup.? Are all your machine registered there?
Can you connect/ping by IP?
--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.

"Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have one windows 2000 DC named "server-00"(Upgrade
> from NT 4 PDC) and two windows NT 4 BDC named "server -
> 01" and "server-02" running in our working environment.
> The communction between those server are OK.Let says,
> by the use of \\<computer name> command,the conetent of
> those computer could be show up properly.
>
> After that,we have install a new windows 2000 DC
> name "server-03"into that domain.However,we found that
> the communction between the server-03,server-01 and
> server-02 got problem.Let says, use "\\server-01" from
> server-03,the network path not found error display.Also,
> issue "\\server-03" from server-01,the same error appear.
> The communication between server-03 and server-02 also
> got same problem.Howerver,the communication between
> server-00 and server-03 is OK.
>
> Therefore,we would like to know if there were any thing
> need to be configured to make the communication between
> the windows 2000 DC and NT4 BDC succeed.Thanks!

Jordan

All Windows 2000 server point to the same DNS server and they are registered
there.For the windows nt 4 server point to the WINS server and they are
registered there.The IP ping is ok between those server.Therefore,i would
like to know if there were any other suggestion.Thanks!

"Yor Suiris" wrote:

> DNS, What is your DNS setup.? Are all your machine registered there?
> Can you connect/ping by IP?
> --
> Yor Suiris
> Remove the kNOT to reply.
> But it is best to share it with the group.
>
> "Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have one windows 2000 DC named "server-00"(Upgrade
> > from NT 4 PDC) and two windows NT 4 BDC named "server -
> > 01" and "server-02" running in our working environment.
> > The communction between those server are OK.Let says,
> > by the use of \\<computer name> command,the conetent of
> > those computer could be show up properly.
> >
> > After that,we have install a new windows 2000 DC
> > name "server-03"into that domain.However,we found that
> > the communction between the server-03,server-01 and
> > server-02 got problem.Let says, use "\\server-01" from
> > server-03,the network path not found error display.Also,
> > issue "\\server-03" from server-01,the same error appear.
> > The communication between server-03 and server-02 also
> > got same problem.Howerver,the communication between
> > server-00 and server-03 is OK.
> >
> > Therefore,we would like to know if there were any thing
> > need to be configured to make the communication between
> > the windows 2000 DC and NT4 BDC succeed.Thanks!

Where does the NT machine get it's DNS? Is the NT machine registered there?
Are the 2000 machines listed in the WINS db that the NT machine can see?
On the NT open a DOS window and type "nslookup" and see which server the
machine connects to. Then type the name of one of the 2000 machines. Also
try the IP of one of the 2000 machines.