Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2L - Broken Clip

STRETCH

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005

I have managed to snap the spring clip on my Copper Silent 2L whilst
installing it, and wondered if anyone could suggest a location for
spares, if they are even available.

Or would it be possible to obtain another clip from elsewhere that
would fit? Have googled but can't find what I need.

After failing to even get a response from Arctic Cooling, to both
emails and their web form, I thought I would try here.

Thanks

Stretch wrote:
> I have managed to snap the spring clip on my Copper Silent 2L whilst
> installing it, and wondered if anyone could suggest a location for
> spares, if they are even available.
>
> Or would it be possible to obtain another clip from elsewhere that
> would fit? Have googled but can't find what I need.
>
> After failing to even get a response from Arctic Cooling, to both
> emails and their web form, I thought I would try here.
>
> Thanks

We heard you the first two times you posted this...

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

STRETCH

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005

<hangs head in shame>

Oops!

apologies, i hadn't realised it had posted and so retried before
realising my mistake.

Stretch wrote:
> <hangs head in shame>
>
> Oops!
>
> apologies, i hadn't realised it had posted and so retried before
> realising my mistake.

heh I was surprised to see you weren't posting using Outlook Express,
usually it's that newsreader that has the multiple posting problems :)

Anyways, re: my other reply, is it new?

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

spodosaurus wrote:
> Stretch wrote:
>
>> <hangs head in shame>
>>
>> Oops!
>>
>> apologies, i hadn't realised it had posted and so retried before
>> realising my mistake.
>

> heh I was surprised to see you weren't posting using Outlook Express,
> usually it's that newsreader that has the multiple posting problems :)
>
> Anyways, re: my other reply, is it new?

Sorry, here was my original reply to you:

Is it new? Write to one of their distributors. I know that Zalman and
Antec are great for helping out customers, even here in Australia. If
you were just installing as normal and the clip broke on a new item,
there was probably a defect in the metal to start with and you should
exchange the item.

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

STRETCH

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:16:14 +0800, spodosaurus
<spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:

>spodosaurus wrote:
>> Stretch wrote:
>>
>>> <hangs head in shame>
>>>
>>> Oops!
>>>
>>> apologies, i hadn't realised it had posted and so retried before
>>> realising my mistake.
>>

>> heh I was surprised to see you weren't posting using Outlook Express,
>> usually it's that newsreader that has the multiple posting problems :)
>>
>> Anyways, re: my other reply, is it new?
>>

>Sorry, here was my original reply to you:
>
>Is it new? Write to one of their distributors. I know that Zalman and
>Antec are great for helping out customers, even here in Australia. If
>you were just installing as normal and the clip broke on a new item,
>there was probably a defect in the metal to start with and you should
>exchange the item.
>
>Ari

It's not new, which is adding to the problem. It's a nice little unit
and I know it would be cheap enough to replace but I hate to waste
things :) Annoyed me a little that I didn't get any reply from Arctic
Cooling either from emails or via their web support form.

And the multiple posting error was entirely due to another faulty
component, namely me ;)

Stretch wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:16:14 +0800, spodosaurus
> <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:
>

>>spodosaurus wrote:

>>>heh I was surprised to see you weren't posting using Outlook Express,
>>>usually it's that newsreader that has the multiple posting problems :)
>>>
>>>Anyways, re: my other reply, is it new?
>>>

>>Sorry, here was my original reply to you:
>>
>>Is it new? Write to one of their distributors. I know that Zalman and
>>Antec are great for helping out customers, even here in Australia. If
>>you were just installing as normal and the clip broke on a new item,
>>there was probably a defect in the metal to start with and you should
>>exchange the item.
>>
>>Ari
>

> It's not new, which is adding to the problem. It's a nice little unit
> and I know it would be cheap enough to replace but I hate to waste
> things :) Annoyed me a little that I didn't get any reply from Arctic
> Cooling either from emails or via their web support form.
>
> And the multiple posting error was entirely due to another faulty
> component, namely me ;)

Go here:

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/where_to.php

enter the relevant details (or make up some) and try to find a local-ish
distributor. Email the distributor and tell them that your clip broke
and ask if they can provide you with a spare or if you can purchase a
replacement clip from them. How much does this unit cost, anyway?

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/