As long as you are not installing a PCI-Express Video card is it ok to plug
in a 20pin powersupply into a 24 pin motherboard. If I ever would upgrade
the onboard video to a PCI-Express card then I take it you need to get an
approved Power Supply with the 24pin connector? Is my understanding
correct?

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> As long as you are not installing a PCI-Express Video card is it ok to
> plug in a 20pin powersupply into a 24 pin motherboard. If I ever would
> upgrade the onboard video to a PCI-Express card then I take it you need to
> get an approved Power Supply with the 24pin connector? Is my
> understanding correct?
You can buy an adaptor to do just that. In England, ` Eclipse Computers`.
£3.47p.
best wishes..OJ

Al,

You may need an adapter. My last ATX power supply came with a standard 20
pin connector but a 20 pin to 24 pin adapter was included. It looks like the
20 pin and 24 pin connectors have different physical dimensions.

Wayne
"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> As long as you are not installing a PCI-Express Video card is it ok to
> plug in a 20pin powersupply into a 24 pin motherboard. If I ever would
> upgrade the onboard video to a PCI-Express card then I take it you need to
> get an approved Power Supply with the 24pin connector? Is my
> understanding correct?

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:89WdnfIHRfyDh2zfRVn-hg@comcast.com...
> As long as you are not installing a PCI-Express Video card is it ok to plug
> in a 20pin powersupply into a 24 pin motherboard. If I ever would upgrade
> the onboard video to a PCI-Express card then I take it you need to get an
> approved Power Supply with the 24pin connector? Is my understanding
> correct?

You could buy an adapter:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812183045

-- Bob Day