Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
August 4, 2005 11:16:35 PM

I just picked up an Intel D865GLC mobo (onboard video) and a
2.4GHz/512/800 P4 (SL6WF) with the standard Intel heatsink and fanthat
I want to use to build a machine for my kids. I have an extra ATX12V
power supply and I've borrowed a 512MB strip of PC3200 memory from my
primary machine that I built last year.

The green LED on the board lights up when I flip the switch on the
power supply and the CPU and power supply fans run, but I get no video.
I tried rhe recovery BIOS according to the instructions. The floppy
drive LED lit as it should have and the drive ran for a while
indicating the system was loading the recovery BIOS as intended. I
replaced the jumper and still no video. I even pulled the video board
from my other machine and tried it, but again no video. (Yes, the
monitor works.)

Any ideas about what to try next? Thanks.

MLN

More about : intel d865glc video problem

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
August 6, 2005 1:38:56 AM

<mlnnc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just picked up an Intel D865GLC mobo (onboard video) and a
> 2.4GHz/512/800 P4 (SL6WF) with the standard Intel heatsink and fanthat
> I want to use to build a machine for my kids. I have an extra ATX12V
> power supply and I've borrowed a 512MB strip of PC3200 memory from my
> primary machine that I built last year.
>
> The green LED on the board lights up when I flip the switch on the
> power supply and the CPU and power supply fans run, but I get no video.
> I tried rhe recovery BIOS according to the instructions. The floppy
> drive LED lit as it should have and the drive ran for a while
> indicating the system was loading the recovery BIOS as intended. I
> replaced the jumper and still no video. I even pulled the video board
> from my other machine and tried it, but again no video. (Yes, the
> monitor works.)
>
> Any ideas about what to try next? Thanks.
>
> MLN

Do you get a 'Beep' within about 20sec? (If it has a speaker) What PSU?
Try clearing CMOS with reset jumper. Has to be PSU, CPU, memory or
motherboard, as thats all you need for working system.
Mike.