Active Directory access slow

We recently converted all of our NT 4.0 Servers to Server 2003. Everything
works great except one thing - when I go into 'Administrative Tools' from my
client workstation everything is extremely slow (ie: if I go into Active
Directory Users and Computers). But the workstation is fast for all other
applications, and Active Directory Users and Computers is very fast from
other administrative workstations.

I checked my TCP/IP settings and they are all correct for the domain suffix,
default gateway, servers, etc. My workstation is pointed to our two internal
DNS servers as well.

What could cause this one machine to be extremely slow at everything I do in
Active Directory. For example, I do a properties of an OU and have to wait
20 to 30 seconds for it to come back. I single click on something in the
tree and wait the same amount of time again.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Edelbrok

HI Tom..

Do you have several servers across slow Wan links ? If so it can be
that the mmc connects to a DC across some slow link if so you can
connect to a server close to you insted of to the domain. Othervice i
recomend using TS to the DC and run ADUC on the AD server.

//Mats R.