Asus Fanless Design Interferes with Intel Fan?

Installing the Intel Fan that came with the Processor (large round
cyclinder) on a Asus P5GDC-V motherboard. When I press in the fan it
interfere's a bit with the silver cyclinder labeled "ASUS Fanless Design,
Zero Noise, No Moving Parts". Actually knocks the silver block loose. What
is going on, am I doing something wrong, this doesn't seem right though I
have been following the instructions in the manuals.

Seems that I have the fan in now. Should the ASUS Fanless Design gray box
on the motherboard be slideable (i.e. movable) a little bit or should it be
solid attached to the motherboard. See two white fasterners holding it
down? If it is ok to see it move a bit I may be ok?

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> Installing the Intel Fan that came with the Processor (large round
> cyclinder) on a Asus P5GDC-V motherboard. When I press in the fan it
> interfere's a bit with the silver cyclinder labeled "ASUS Fanless Design,
> Zero Noise, No Moving Parts". Actually knocks the silver block loose.
> What is going on, am I doing something wrong, this doesn't seem right
> though I have been following the instructions in the manuals.

jad

Cooling fans, though a popular thermal solution, also come with noise and
malfunction likelihood. ASUS Motherboard's fanless concept is specifically
created to provide a cool environment without all the baggage. ASUS has
devoted special efforts to address the thermal issues across the
motherboard, and most notably the areas that reside the CPU, power,
Northbridge and Southbridge. The heat sinks and strategic board layout are
tailor made to dissipate heat in the most efficient manner. With the
addition of Stack Cool 2, users can even overclock without a noisy, bulky
fan. g techniques, AI NOS reacts much faster to satisfy your unending need
for speeds .

why are you installing a fan?