Pocketop Keyboard Drivers

a b \ Driver
a b α HP
August 22, 2004 11:49:19 PM

All,

I have a Pocketop wireless keyboard for my IPAQ 5550.

Since I installed the ROM update from HP in April, the drivers for this
keyboard seem to have a problem - about half the time I select the keyboard
I get a hard reset, lose all my data, and have to reinstall everything.
Needless to say I have stopped using the keyboard.

I now paid $9.95 for a "new" driver from Pocketop, but they have sent me the
same driver that I already had.

Has anyone else had same experience and what are my chances of getting a
refund from Pocketop, who seem to be operating in a rather unprofessional
way by not providing any obvious information on their websit about whether
paying for a new driver version will actually be a newer version than the
one you already have.

thanks
Patrick.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
August 23, 2004 11:57:23 AM

Isn't it nice that they don't even put the version of the Pocketop driver
for the devices nowadays...

You're better off purchasing a new keyboard at ThinkOutside... A BT one will
be nice.

--
Carlo Ma. Guerrero
Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices

"Patrick" <PatrickWarner@private.com> wrote in message
[...]

August 23, 2004 2:43:39 PM

Is a BlueTooth Keyboard now working with Windows Mobile 2003? I thought
that does not work because if the lack of the Human Interface Profile in
the BT stack of WM 2003 ?!?!?

bye
Marcus.

Carlo Ma. Guerrero [MVP] wrote:
> Isn't it nice that they don't even put the version of the Pocketop driver
> for the devices nowadays...
>
> You're better off purchasing a new keyboard at ThinkOutside... A BT one will
> be nice.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
August 24, 2004 12:57:21 AM

Oh there are about 3 different makes available now...

One from ThinkOutside, one from PocketTop and another from HP... and I know
there is another one... but I'll have to confirm that...

--

!