Who's online?

I have a 4-computer home wireless network (Linksys G Speedboost router, WIN
XP) with my computer cabled to the router and 3 wireless computers in other
rooms.

Is there a way I can tell if any of the other computers are online and
connected to the internet?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
If they connected to the Router log to the Router and look at the client
list.

Using the Internet? Well if their Led Blinks on the Router they use
something.

Monitoring Peer to Peer Network Computers -
http://www.ezlan.net/monitor.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Expert Witness" <x@nospamcourt> wrote in message
> I have a 4-computer home wireless network (Linksys G Speedboost router,
WIN
> XP) with my computer cabled to the router and 3 wireless computers in
other
> rooms.
>
> Is there a way I can tell if any of the other computers are online and
> connected to the internet?

"Expert Witness" <x@nospamcourt> wrote in message news:LYWdnaz6avOdDm_fRVn-hw@comcast.com...
>I have a 4-computer home wireless network (Linksys G Speedboost router, WIN XP) with my computer cabled to the router and 3
>wireless computers in other rooms.
>
> Is there a way I can tell if any of the other computers are online and connected to the internet?

This depends.
If you know how to connect to the web (or SNMP) management interface
of the router and check there - you can.
Otherwise you can not.
--PA