Where find Computer Screws for Hard Drives?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2005 2:00:18 AM

Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws that
are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives. All the
screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones? Can these
be found on the Internet?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2005 4:17:03 AM

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws that
> are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives. All the
> screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones? Can these
> be found on the Internet?

Al,

I've used standard 6-32 x 1/4" pan head screws for hard drives and M3 x 5mm pan
head screws for floppy drives and CD/DVD drives with no problems.

--
James T. White
Anonymous

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws
> that are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives.
> All the screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones?
> Can these be found on the Internet?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Delivery/Hard_Drive_Scr...

if you are outside the UK then at least you now know the size
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2005 2:20:18 PM

my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
are free for the asking.

alex
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 8, 2005 2:43:45 PM

"Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> ~1Alex~ wrote:
> > my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
> > are free for the asking.
> >
> > alex
>
> Right across the street from The Tape Store.

How far is that from Possum Lodge?
August 8, 2005 2:43:46 PM

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> > ~1Alex~ wrote:
> > > my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
> > > are free for the asking.
> > >
> > > alex
> >
> > Right across the street from The Tape Store.
>
> How far is that from Possum Lodge?

The tape store? If you take the alley its only a block, but if you have to
walk around to main street, its allot further.

or the screw driver shop? not sure, I go to the Hammer Market for my screw
drivers.
!