Where find Computer Screws for Hard Drives?

Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws that
are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives. All the
screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones? Can these
be found on the Internet?

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws that
> are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives. All the
> screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones? Can these
> be found on the Internet?

Al,

I've used standard 6-32 x 1/4" pan head screws for hard drives and M3 x 5mm pan
head screws for floppy drives and CD/DVD drives with no problems.

--
James T. White

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the technical specification for the flat head small screws
> that are used to screw into the side of hard drives and floppy drives.
> All the screws that come with computer cases seem to be the bigger ones?
> Can these be found on the Internet?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Delivery/Hard_Drive_Screw_x_50_37635_v2.htm

if you are outside the UK then at least you now know the size

my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
are free for the asking.

alex

"Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> ~1Alex~ wrote:
> > my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
> > are free for the asking.
> >
> > alex
>
> Right across the street from The Tape Store.

How far is that from Possum Lodge?

jad

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> > ~1Alex~ wrote:
> > > my local screw driver shop has a bin full of them and they
> > > are free for the asking.
> > >
> > > alex
> >
> > Right across the street from The Tape Store.
>
> How far is that from Possum Lodge?

The tape store? If you take the alley its only a block, but if you have to
walk around to main street, its allot further.

or the screw driver shop? not sure, I go to the Hammer Market for my screw
drivers.