How to setup Netgear Wireless Access Point?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 6, 2005 6:01:28 PM

Any do it? I just bought one, instructions looks daunting. Is it plug
and play? I have a Netgear 4 port wired router with 3 desktop PCs
connected. Now I want to get a laptop into it wirelessly, so I got a
Netgear WG602 Wireless Access Point. Haven't set it up yet, but can I
just "plug and play"? ( the laptop is all setup and running wireless)
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 7, 2005 6:48:07 AM

sdeyoreo@hotmail.com wrote:
> Any do it? I just bought one, instructions looks daunting. Is it plug
> and play? I have a Netgear 4 port wired router with 3 desktop PCs
> connected. Now I want to get a laptop into it wirelessly, so I got a
> Netgear WG602 Wireless Access Point. Haven't set it up yet, but can I
> just "plug and play"? ( the laptop is all setup and running wireless)

You'll have to set your SSID and I'd recommend setting some security,
preferably WPA-PSK and maybe even an access control list.

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
!