jad

A question about GFIC

If this is in your realm of expertise,

1. can a computer system be plugged into a GFI circuit?

2. when a GFI is labeled 'no equipment ground' are they saying ANYTHING
that used a third prong ground cannot be used?

3. can an individual (2 outlet) receptacle only have 1 of the outlets on the
GFI circuit?

| ( :: ) | this one normal
| o |

--
If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line
would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

"JAD" wrote:
> A question about GFIC
>
> If this is in your realm of expertise,
>
> 1. can a computer system be plugged into a GFI circuit?
>
> 2. when a GFI is labeled 'no equipment ground' are they saying ANYTHING
> that used a third prong ground cannot be used?
>
> 3. can an individual (2 outlet) receptacle only have 1 of the outlets on
the
> GFI circuit?
>
> | ( :: ) | this one normal
> | o |
> | ( :: ) | this one GFI protected

JAD, I'm not Tom, but:

1.) Mine is (along a branch circuit protected by one). It wasn't
intentional, but it works fine.
2.) Don't know; never come across one of those; my computer outlet has it's
own dedicated ground (water pipe).
3.) Standard duplex wall receptacles are set up for either parallel or
seperate connections to each circuit. Usually they come set up for
parallel, and you snip off a brass bar to seperate them.

Jon

jad

Thanks Jon....

Toms degrees put him above this discussion I guess.<g> maybe cause I called
him long winded, anyhow....

I was trying to help the Kid at the Dorm long distance and the descriptions
were less than helpful. So I had him take some pictures of the sockets in
the house and room.(hurray for camera phones, there actually is a use!). So
it seems that the rooms are on a anti- arc GFI combo. The funny part was
that the socket, in which I was questioning, was wired in the GFI circuit,
with a switched top receptacle, and a non switched bottom. Heheheh anyway,
the wall switch was located behind a hutch..kids aren't much on interior
decorating. Sometimes, when he would hang his jersey on the corner of the
hutch, he would turn the switch on and other times off, along with the
machine...it was a good laugh.