Browsing - Master Browser ?

If you open Explorer and explore your network, you will see all machines that
have an established connection to the Domain correct? Why would machines not
show up on the list? We have an NT40 domain with a PDC and BDC.

I've seen a few things about Multi-Homed devices. Yes, we have 2 NIC's in
each server that are teamed and are in Fail-on-fault mode.

There are a number of reasons why the names will not show
up in the list. If the server service is not running the machine
won't show up because that service is responsible for sending
a host name announcement packet to the SMB to make it's
presence known on the network. The SMB or subnet master
master browser is repsonsible for gathering the local list on it's
given endpoing. The DMB or domain master browser which
is always the PDC of the domain will gather the lists from the
SMBs and merge the full list then pass back to the SMB to
make available to clients. Clients who do not have file and
print sharing enabled will also not show up in the list. If the
server is configured to be hidden in the registry it will not
show up in the list. You can open a dos prompt and run
net config server and look at the value of the hidden field.
Another reason a machine will not show up in the list is
if the machine is not registering with the local SMB rather
a remote SMB or another machine on the domain which
is forcing a browse election.