Advice regarding Biostar iDEQ 210V Barebones Computer

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 7, 2005 5:23:35 PM

I am going to purchase a Biostar iDEQ 210V. I want to make sure I pick
a compatible processor.

The Biostar site says that this model supports the Socket A, AMD
Sempron 2800+ (166MHz)

I have seen the following processor on dabs.com and want to make sure
there are no 'gotchas' before I go ahead and buy it. It's listed as
'Sempron 2800+ Socket 754 256KB Inc Fan'.

Any input would be appreciated as I have only every worked with Intel
Processors.

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 8, 2005 1:37:22 AM

"Chris" <news.chris@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am going to purchase a Biostar iDEQ 210V. I want to make sure I pick
> a compatible processor.
>
> The Biostar site says that this model supports the Socket A, AMD
> Sempron 2800+ (166MHz)
>
> I have seen the following processor on dabs.com and want to make sure
> there are no 'gotchas' before I go ahead and buy it. It's listed as
> 'Sempron 2800+ Socket 754 256KB Inc Fan'.
>
> Any input would be appreciated as I have only every worked with Intel
> Processors.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Socket 754 is NOT socket A, it will NOT fit in the socket on the
BIOSTAR.
Mike.
!