Advice regarding Biostar iDEQ 210V Barebones Computer

I am going to purchase a Biostar iDEQ 210V. I want to make sure I pick
a compatible processor.

The Biostar site says that this model supports the Socket A, AMD
Sempron 2800+ (166MHz)

I have seen the following processor on dabs.com and want to make sure
there are no 'gotchas' before I go ahead and buy it. It's listed as
'Sempron 2800+ Socket 754 256KB Inc Fan'.

Any input would be appreciated as I have only every worked with Intel
Processors.

Cheers,

Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about advice biostar ideq 210v barebones computer

    "Chris" <news.chris@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am going to purchase a Biostar iDEQ 210V. I want to make sure I pick
    > a compatible processor.
    >
    > The Biostar site says that this model supports the Socket A, AMD
    > Sempron 2800+ (166MHz)
    >
    > I have seen the following processor on dabs.com and want to make sure
    > there are no 'gotchas' before I go ahead and buy it. It's listed as
    > 'Sempron 2800+ Socket 754 256KB Inc Fan'.
    >
    > Any input would be appreciated as I have only every worked with Intel
    > Processors.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    Socket 754 is NOT socket A, it will NOT fit in the socket on the
    BIOSTAR.
    Mike.

Homebuilt Biostar Processors Systems