MS Streets & Trips GPS to HP 2215 with Navman B.T. 4410

August 22, 2004 5:57:25 PM

Just upgraded to MS Streets & Trips 2005 (from 2004) to
try out the GPS feature. We (my wife and I) have tried to
install the feature to our PDA (HP 2215 with blue tooth
GPS Navman 4410). According to everything this is
compatible to what you say it should be able to do.
BUT...I can't get the correct com. port! When I scan for
the com. port it only gives me 1 & 2. NOTE, that I have
the PDA in place and I also have the GPS connected AND I
have made sure it does work with the normal program
(Navman).
BUT, it defaults to com port 1 or 2 only and that does
NOT work. NOTE, that I am on my 3:rd GPS system now and
if I remeber correctly all of them have been using com
port 8.
So, the question is, why can't I change TO com port 8,
so that I can get it to work?
OR what is it I need to do to make this to work?

Please advise. Thanks....YBR Johnsyng
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 8:37:31 PM

With a BT GPS normally you have to pair it with the PPC using the BT
manager. Don't know if you had to do that for the Navman used with their
software. If you haven't paired it. make sure the Naveman software is off,
the BT GPS is on and go into BT manager and start with the Explore a
Bluetooth device wizard. It is also a potential issue if the navman
software is running and tying up the BT comm port. If that is the case
Pocket Streets won't even list a port it can't access.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!