How to create a BDC from a PDC with the correct policies

We currently only have a Primary Domain Controller but we want to create a
Backup Domain Controller. We have tried this in the past and installed
successfully but when we begin to use the BDC the policies do not seems to
work in the same way as they do when a user authenticates through the primary
domain. How do we make sure that the BDC has exactly the same polices as our
PDC. (I am not too sure about this but i think we also use something called
ZAK).

Thanks

David

Copy the policy from the PDCs netlogon share and add to the
BDCs netlogon share e.g., NETLOGON share, which is in the
\SYSTEM32\REPL\IMPORT\SCRIPTS subdirectory.