Joining NT4 domain using win2003 as bdc

Currently I am using a win2003 as a file server in my NT4 domain. The win2003
server is currently join as a workstation in the domain. Can anyone tell me
how can I join the win2003 server into the NT4 domain as a BDC without
reinstall it?
1 answer Last reply
More about joining domain win2003

    A W2k server or higher cannot be a DC in an down-level
    domain (NT 4.0). W2k or higher needs the AD which is
    not available in NT 4.0.

    "kc" <kc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
    > Currently I am using a win2003 as a file server in my NT4 domain. The
    win2003
    > server is currently join as a workstation in the domain. Can anyone
    tell me
    > how can I join the win2003 server into the NT4 domain as a BDC without
    > reinstall it?

Domain File Server Microsoft Servers Windows