XP pro client joining NT 4.0 domain

What is the trick for adding a Win XP pro machine to an NT 4.0 domain? It
created a computer account when I joined the domain via the XP machine, but
when I try and log in, it says computer account doesn't exist. When I try
and double click on XP machine from server manager on 4.0 server, it says
trust relationship failed. Thanks in advance.

Open local security policy and disable the domain
member secure channel policy. By default XP
encrypts the secure channel data which is not
supported by NT. Also if you are running SP2
you have to disable the firewall feature.

"Mike Rainey" <MikeRainey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the trick for adding a Win XP pro machine to an NT 4.0 domain? It
> created a computer account when I joined the domain via the XP machine,
> but
> when I try and log in, it says computer account doesn't exist. When I try
> and double click on XP machine from server manager on 4.0 server, it says
> trust relationship failed. Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS