Change the computer name of BDC server

Hi all,

We use a NT4.0 server as a BDC and SQLServer at the same time. Since
the machine is now rather old, we planned to move the SQLserver to a new
machine and stay it as a BDC server only. After moving the sqlserver to new
machine, we need to rename the old server to other name and the new server's
name will be the same as old server. When we change the name of old server,
we got a warning message "Changing the computer name without the Domain
Administrator first changing its name on the domain will result in domain
accounts (including your own domain account) not being able to access or log
on to this computer". Since we worried about in case there's any problem on
moving sqlserver to a new server, we can fall back to use old server. At
last, we continued to use the old server until resolving the problem.
(sigh....). Anyone can give me some suggestions ? Please help. Thanks

Best Rdgs
Ellis

There is a catch when changing the name of a BDC.
You have to first create a computer account in server
manager for the BDC before changing the name.