Night Texture View application? programmers?

Was thinking the other day.. wouldn't it be great to have an app that
could load a .mdl file and then select/display the textures.. and also
have a continuous slider or even 0-10 'clicker' that would transition
from DAY to NIGHT scene.

That way the _L.bmp (night bitmaps) could be tested with ease.

Maybe even have a couple switches for lights. I think only a LEFT side
view would do and a TOP view for the wings. Anything like that around?

-Gregory

dallas

Gregory, must watch TV for our conspiracy theorist:

Tomorrow night Peter Jennings is going to say that the government has been
covering up UFOs.

The UFO Phenomenon -- Seeing Is Believing
Two-Hour Primetime Special Airs Thursday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. Central Time.

:)

Dallas

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:57:48 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>Gregory, must watch TV for our conspiracy theorist:
>
>Tomorrow night Peter Jennings is going to say that the government has been
>covering up UFOs.
>
>The UFO Phenomenon -- Seeing Is Believing
>Two-Hour Primetime Special Airs Thursday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. Central Time.
>
> :)

Hey Dallas.. you going to get started on that already? :)
how about the Confuser Channel? { grin }

want to see some spreadsheets?

not into UFOs really -- rense.com has a lot of UFO stuff.

What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??

-G

dallas

"Gregory Abbey" <
> Hey Dallas.. you going to get started on that already? :)

Ain't I a bastard? You've been gone 2 months and come back, and I bust your
chops... :)

> not into UFOs really

Actually, I am going to watch it... he really is going to say there are
UFOs and the govenment has been very nasty about it.

> What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??

Sounds great, I'll take two.

Dallas

Dallas wrote:
> "Gregory Abbey" <
>> Hey Dallas.. you going to get started on that already? :)
>
> Ain't I a bastard? You've been gone 2 months and come back, and I
> bust your chops... :)
>
>> not into UFOs really
>
> Actually, I am going to watch it... he really is going to say there
> are UFOs and the govenment has been very nasty about it.

Under our very recent freedom of information act, all Uk government
departments have had to open up their old recods. The upshot is that all the
secret files say there were never such things as UFO's !!

Quilly
Website
http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/
Do not reply personally, false address

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:25:55 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>Dallas wrote:
>> "Gregory Abbey" <
>>> Hey Dallas.. you going to get started on that already? :)
>>
>> Ain't I a bastard? You've been gone 2 months and come back, and I
>> bust your chops... :)
>>
>>> not into UFOs really
>>
>> Actually, I am going to watch it... he really is going to say there
>> are UFOs and the govenment has been very nasty about it.
>
>Under our very recent freedom of information act, all Uk government
>departments have had to open up their old recods. The upshot is that all the
>secret files say there were never such things as UFO's !!

Quilljar.. was the records before operation stapleclip of after? :]

The other thing that came up.. is the night scene in Chicagoland area.
In RL the view on arrival is a orange `grid pattern' of lights and
streets almost as far as the eye can see. However in the Sim.. it's
rather weak and yellow. Not too bad but could use and UPDATE by one
of the landclass and texture gurus.. oops I mean in FS8.

BTW.. have closed all KORD runways for landing except 27R and closed
all except 22L for departure. Yet.. have a custom winter weather saved
with appropriate winds, etc. then make minor changes with pulldown
menu. LOTS or enjoyment!!

-G

Hi Gregory,

"What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??"

Now you're cooking, mate!! :))

Regards, and welcome back,
John Ward
"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:57:48 GMT, "Dallas"
> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
> >Gregory, must watch TV for our conspiracy theorist:
> >
> >Tomorrow night Peter Jennings is going to say that the government has
been
> >covering up UFOs.
> >
> >The UFO Phenomenon -- Seeing Is Believing
> >Two-Hour Primetime Special Airs Thursday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. Central Time.
> >
> > :)
>

> Hey Dallas.. you going to get started on that already? :)
> how about the Confuser Channel? { grin }
>
> want to see some spreadsheets?
>
> not into UFOs really -- rense.com has a lot of UFO stuff.
>

> What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??
>

> -G

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:11:22 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> "What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??"
>
> Now you're cooking, mate!! :))
>
>Regards, and welcome back,
>John Ward

Hey John.. was on travel and Usenet accounts max'd out a few times
...not from nudies of course.. but audio books/lectures. An example is
Clinton's new book `My Lie' narrated in his own voice. You know..
William Winthrop Rockefeller from Arkansas! :)

Have been running the Sim alot still.. want to see a screenshot?

Chimbing out of O'Hare heading 210
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/_100.jpg

-Gregory

>"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:57:48 GMT, "Dallas"
>> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our attention:

[ rubbish snipped ]

>> What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??
>>

>> -G

dallas

"Quilljar"
> The upshot is that all the
> secret files say there were never such things as UFO's !!

OR... so they would have you believe!

:)

UFO Pilot

crash

Dallas wrote:
> OR... so they would have you believe!

Yeah, some people believe anything... My cat was reading all this and got
to laughing so hard she fell off the monitor!

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

dallas

"CRASH"
> My cat was reading all this and got
> to laughing so hard she fell off the monitor!

My cat will be glad to hear that because he wrote most of it.

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "CRASH"
>> My cat was reading all this and got
>> to laughing so hard she fell off the monitor!
>
> My cat will be glad to hear that because he wrote most of it.

Did you & the crew watch the show? I thought they did a pretty good job,
without taking sides. My favorite was the alien baby being taken away from
the mother on the space ship - cat rolled into a ball and cried!!??

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:15:29 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"Quilljar"
>> The upshot is that all the
>> secret files say there were never such things as UFO's !!
>
>OR... so they would have you believe!
>

>:)
>
>UFO Pilot

Dallas.. may the Vril force be with you!! : )

ok .mdl makers.. get your gmax cranked up.

http://www.vho.org/D/Geheim1/29g.htm

dallas

"CRASH"
My favorite was the alien baby being taken away from
> the mother on the space ship -

That's just a set up for the new movie due out this summer "My Daughter the
Alien" - the first inter-species/inter-galactic movie to be shown at the
Sundance Film Festival.

Dallas

Hi Gregory Abbey,

Nice screenshot, but I couldn't make out your face through any of the
windows.

Which seat were you in?

Regards,
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:11:22 +1000, "John Ward"
> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>
> >Hi Gregory,
> >
> > "What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??"
> >
> > Now you're cooking, mate!! :))
> >
> >Regards, and welcome back,
> >John Ward
>
> Hey John.. was on travel and Usenet accounts max'd out a few times
> ..not from nudies of course.. but audio books/lectures. An example is
> Clinton's new book `My Lie' narrated in his own voice. You know..
> William Winthrop Rockefeller from Arkansas! :)
>

> Have been running the Sim alot still.. want to see a screenshot?
>
> Chimbing out of O'Hare heading 210
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/_100.jpg
>

> -Gregory
>

> >"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:57:48 GMT, "Dallas"
> >> <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

> [ rubbish snipped ]
> >>
> >> What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??
> >>

> >> -G

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:33:50 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory Abbey,
>
>Nice screenshot, but I couldn't make out your face through any of the windows.
>
> Which seat were you in?
>
>John

Har har.. that's a good one... :)

you can't see face because I'm in the left seat.. John.
was tempted to post another panel view.. like into 27R.

Also can refute it in other ways by saying... was never on a
727 of that vintage.. or even a -100. Didn't start travelling
by air until the early '80s.

-G

>"Gregory Abbey" <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote in message

>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:11:22 +1000, "John Ward"
>> <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>> >Hi Gregory,
>> >
>> > "What about a Night Texture slider/viewer??"
>> >
>> > Now you're cooking, mate!! :))
>> >
>> >Regards, and welcome back,
>> >John Ward
>>
>> Hey John.. was on travel and Usenet accounts max'd out a few times
>> ..not from nudies of course.. but audio books/lectures. An example is
>> Clinton's new book `My Lie' narrated in his own voice. You know..
>> William Winthrop Rockefeller from Arkansas! :)
>>

>> Have been running the Sim alot still.. want to see a screenshot?
>>
>> Chimbing out of O'Hare heading 210
>> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/_100.jpg
>>

>> -Gregory

>attention:
>> >>
>> [ rubbish snipped ]

crash

Gregory Abbey wrote:

> Also can refute it in other ways by saying... was never on a
> 727 of that vintage.. or even a -100. Didn't start travelling
> by air until the early '80s.

You missed out on the DC-3 of the jet age!!!