Asus K8N Ai Series

Does anyone know about this motherboard? I can't find any "store"
online that carries it. Is it old? Is it much different than the non AI
series? What ever that is....

Thanks!

> Does anyone know about this motherboard? I can't find any "store"
> online that carries it. Is it old? Is it much different than the non AI
> series? What ever that is....

There's a ton of AI motherboards. Which one did you mean? You didn't give
any model number at all. AI is a series of features on their motheboards,
not a model. Check out the AI series features here:

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/event/AI-Series/index.htm#1

While you're at it, check out Asus's whole line of motherboards here:

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/mbindex.htm

Then you can find the motherboard you're looking for.

There's only one series, to the best of my knowledge. "AI" is mainly
marketing; my A8V Deluxe (about a year old) is also an "AI" board.

I do some light overclocking, but I've had best results by doing it
manually, rather than by using the AI feature.

The K8N is available from www.newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131512

The newer Athlon 64 CPUs (including the dual cores) use Socket 939. A socket
754 board is still a good choice, but it's not at the high end of the
market.

<spam_only_please@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know about this motherboard? I can't find any "store"
> online that carries it. Is it old? Is it much different than the non AI
> series? What ever that is....
>
> Thanks!

Actually I was trying to compare these two here..

the one ref above=>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.asp?Item=N82E168131315 12

and this model here (which I only find one place- not every/ or any
where else for that matter?) Looks the same to me less the "AI series"
mumbo jumbo? Is it?

# Brand Asus
# AI Series
# Model: K8N-UAYZ
# Serial No: 51MM400187
# Part No: 90-M9L0F0-G0UAYZ
# Socket 754 for AMD CPU

* The K8N Supports AMD Athlon64 and AMD Sempron Processors.

# NVidia nForce3 250
# System Bus 1600MT/S
# DDR400
# 8-Channel Audio

* The ALC850 has eight channels of 16-bit DAC, a stereo 16-bit ADC,
and an AC97 2.3 compatible mutli-channel audio designed for PC
multimedia systems. The CODEC can also automatically detect and
identify what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks
and notifies users of inappropriate connection.

# AGP 8X
# Specifications:

* Support CPU:
o Socket 754 for AMD Athlon 64, Sempron
o AMD 64 Architecture enables simultaneous 32- and 64-bit
computing
o Supports AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
* Chipset:
o NVIDIA nForce3 250
* System Bus:
o 800 MHz
* Memory:
o 3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 3GB
DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 ECC/non-ECC un-buffered DDR SDRAM memory
* Expansion Slots:
o 1 x AGP8X (1.5V only)
o 5 x PCI
* Storage:
o Chipset:
+ 2 x Ultra DMA 133/100/66/33
+ 2 x Serial ATA, Support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1,
JBOD
* AI Audio:
o 8-channel Audio
o Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology
o Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on back I/O
* Lan:
o 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
* USB 2.0:
o 8 x USB2.0 Ports
* AI Bios:
o CrashFree BIOS 2
o Q-Fan
* AI Overclocking:
o ASUS JumperFree
o CPU, Memory, and AGP voltage adjustable
o SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) from 200MHz up to 300MHz
at 1MHz increment
o Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio. Fixed AGP/PCI frequencies.
o ASUS C/P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall)
* Special Features:
o ASUS MyLogo2
o ASUS Instant Music Lite
o ASUS EZ Flash
o ASUS Multi-Language Bios

On 12 Aug 2005 18:06:51 -0700, spam_only_please@comcast.net wrote:

>Does anyone know about this motherboard? I can't find any "store"
>online that carries it. Is it old? Is it much different than the non AI
>series? What ever that is....

Do you mean MSI K8N ?

I have a MSI K8N SLI Platinum and I recommend it very much.