need opinion about dvd-rom drive

hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance is
really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying to
make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about need opinion drive

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:25:28 -0500, "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    >hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
    >the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance is
    >really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying to
    >make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks

    I use NEC 3520 and recommend it. I even think there is a newer model
    called 3540.

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:43:44 +0200, Thomas Jespersen
    <thomas@lucky-music.dk> wrote:

    >I use NEC 3520 and recommend it. I even think there is a newer model
    >called 3540.

    By the way, that is a DVD-Writer but you might as well buy a writer
    the price difference is not that big anyway.

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
    > the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance
    > is
    > really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying
    > make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks

    Plextor is reguarded as the best, but it comes at a premium.

Homebuilt DVD Drives Systems