need opinion about dvd-rom drive

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 13, 2005 1:25:28 AM

hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance is
really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying to
make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks

More about : opinion dvd rom drive

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 13, 2005 7:43:44 AM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:25:28 -0500, "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
>the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance is
>really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying to
>make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks

I use NEC 3520 and recommend it. I even think there is a newer model
called 3540.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 13, 2005 7:45:13 AM

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:43:44 +0200, Thomas Jespersen
<thomas@lucky-music.dk> wrote:

>I use NEC 3520 and recommend it. I even think there is a newer model
>called 3540.

By the way, that is a DVD-Writer but you might as well buy a writer
the price difference is not that big anyway.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 13, 2005 2:47:19 PM

"Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> hi, can anyone tell me which dvd-rom drive brand name is the best and last
> the longest? Im currently using a Sony dvd-rom drive and its performance
> is
> really bad. It have problems reading a movie on a dvd disc when im trying
> make a backup of it.Please give me some advise. Thanks

Plextor is reguarded as the best, but it comes at a premium.
!