NT4 without domain

i have a NT4 Server with a lot of local users on it.
(we need that for a special application).
It's the only server in our network with nt4.
We have no back up so to say.
The server is no member of a domain and uses no domain.

How can I save/backup/export the users and their passwords?
And how to import them in a Windows2K Server ?

Thanks for your help
S. Kellermannn

"Stefan Kellermann" <s.kellermann@cube-solutions.de> wrote in message
> i have a NT4 Server with a lot of local users on it.
> (we need that for a special application).
> It's the only server in our network with nt4.
> We have no back up so to say.
> The server is no member of a domain and uses no domain.
>
> How can I save/backup/export the users and their passwords?
> And how to import them in a Windows2K Server ?
Addusers.exe from the NT resource kit allows you to export
and import but you can't export the passwords.. You can import
them back. There is also a third party program called NTACCOUNTS
that will export and import passwords. Actually you may also be able
to use the ADMT or Active Directory Migration Tool to import the
users..

Michael Giorgio - MS MVP wrote:
> "Stefan Kellermann" <s.kellermann@cube-solutions.de> wrote in message
>
>>i have a NT4 Server with a lot of local users on it.
>>(we need that for a special application).
>>It's the only server in our network with nt4.
>>We have no back up so to say.
>>The server is no member of a domain and uses no domain.
>>
>>How can I save/backup/export the users and their passwords?
>>And how to import them in a Windows2K Server ?
>
> Addusers.exe from the NT resource kit allows you to export
> and import but you can't export the passwords.. You can import
> them back. There is also a third party program called NTACCOUNTS
> that will export and import passwords. Actually you may also be able
> to use the ADMT or Active Directory Migration Tool to import the
> users..

tested the NTACCOUNTS-Software but it imported everything except the
password. Is there a setting I have do change to ex/import the pass?
The ADMT does not work, the nt4-Server is in no domain and the "new"
w2k-Server either.

Sorry the latest program out is called
ideal migration. It should do what you
need: