digital cameras woes

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose
not let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive
E(camera). I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview
availible. I took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks

"Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message
> Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose not
> let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive E(camera).
> I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview availible. I
> took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
> so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks

what format are the pictures in.

maybe your comp has software that reads that format and her's does not.

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Glittery Gary wrote:
> "Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose not
>>let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive E(camera).
>>I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview availible. I
>>took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
>>so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks
>

> what format are the pictures in.
>
> maybe your comp has software that reads that format and her's does not.

..jpeg
and i installed the gimp for her also the camera came with software but
still nota

jad

..JPG or .JPEG

what are these extensions associated within windows?

> Glittery Gary wrote:
>> "Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose not
>>>let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive E(camera).
>>>I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview availible. I
>>>took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
>>>so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks
>>

>> what format are the pictures in.
>>
>> maybe your comp has software that reads that format and her's does not.
>>

> .jpeg
> and i installed the gimp for her also the camera came with software but
> still nota

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

JAD wrote:
> .JPG or .JPEG
>
> what are these extensions associated within windows?
>
> "Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message
>
>>Glittery Gary wrote:
>>
>>>"Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message

>>>what format are the pictures in.
>>>
>>>maybe your comp has software that reads that format and her's does not.
>>>

>>.jpeg
>>and i installed the gimp for her also the camera came with software but
>>still nota

it was fax viewer and then i changed it to the gimp

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

JAD wrote:
> .JPG or .JPEG
>
> what are these extensions associated within windows?
>
> "Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message
>
>>Glittery Gary wrote:
>>
>>>"Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message

>>>what format are the pictures in.
>>>
>>>maybe your comp has software that reads that format and her's does not.
>>>

>>.jpeg
>>and i installed the gimp for her also the camera came with software but
>>still nota

oh yah its .jpeg

jad

> JAD wrote:
> > .JPG or .JPEG
> >
> > what are these extensions associated within windows?
> >
> > "Justice" <xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net> wrote in message

E(camera).

> >>.jpeg
> >>and i installed the gimp for her also the camera came with software but
> >>still nota
> >

> oh yah its .jpeg

Try renaming to JPG

peter

In article <4XnLe.175896$9A2.100715@edtnps89>,
xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net says...
> Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose
> not let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive
> E(camera). I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview
> availible. I took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
> so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks

I take it she's using XP.
--
Pete Ives

justice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Peter wrote:
> In article <4XnLe.175896$9A2.100715@edtnps89>,
> xxhorsemen@telusplanetxx.net says...
>
>>Hi all I have a friend whom just bought a digital camera. But it dose
>>not let her preview the pictures. I went to mycomputer then drive
>>E(camera). I see the files but when I click on them it says no preview
>>availible. I took the camera to my PC and it works without a problem.
>>so does anybody know of any reason for this thanks
>>

> I take it she's using XP.
yes

My suggestion is you use Irfanview.
It's a free download and will pretty much view anything, even movies, if you
install the plugins. Plus, if you double click on the image it
automatically resizes it to fill whatever screen area you have, then
clicking the mouse or hitting the arrows, steps through the images. I
haven't seen anything as good as Irfanview. .jpg, .jpeg, etc. is
irrevlevent because it will view all files.