need power supply recommendations

i have a recommendation for an ANTEC TPII 550EPS12V, are there others
in this wattage range with better track records?

Antec power supplies are considered among the best on the market in that
they use heavy duty parts and are conservatively rated for their power
output.

--
DaveW

<sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message
>i have a recommendation for an ANTEC TPII 550EPS12V, are there others
> in this wattage range with better track records?

<sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message
>i have a recommendation for an ANTEC TPII 550EPS12V, are there others
> in this wattage range with better track records?

Better track record than an Antec? Good luck. It's not that Antec is the
very best, but they have a strong following as they've proven to deliver the
goods. Too many times manufacturers make wattage claims or whatever, only to
not deliver.

There are others that are good. Fortron, Enermax, PC Power and Cooling are a
few off the top of my brain.

ok, antec it is, there is one model with a single fan and another with
2 fans, i intend to put it into an antec p-180. the original part
number was for a server only, faulty research on my part. which antec
do i stuff in this case?

> ok, antec it is, there is one model with a single fan and another with
> 2 fans, i intend to put it into an antec p-180. the original part
> number was for a server only, faulty research on my part. which antec
> do i stuff in this case?

The single fan models are intended to run quieter. The Antec Sonata case has
a single fan version of the TruePower 380. Obviously, a 2 fan model will run
cooler, if that's an issue. It's up to you. They should both work.