upgrading servers

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hello,
i have the following scenario.
I came upon this client after other IT people were fired, and this
whole setup seems to have been set up very inneficiently from the start.
My client is running 2 servers. First server is running windows server
2003 standard, and the second server is running small business server
2000, which includes exchange. Not only are these two systems not
completely compatible, but to make matters worse, the domain name of the
server does not match the domain name of the company website. (i find it
easier for exchange if both match)
What i would like to do, is configure the 2003 server to the correct
domain, and upgrade the 2000 server to also be a 2003 server without
losing the exchange information.
Anyone have any recommendations as to how i could go about it, and the
best way to migrate the exchange information from the 2000 server to the
2003 server where i plan to install exchange 2003 standard.
Thanks
Chris

you can also reply with cc to my email cpopoff@bellsouth.net

You should probably post this question to one of Exchange groups.