PLease help w/setting up iPAQ h4150 to use a bluetooth Mot..

August 23, 2004 1:10:44 AM

Can any please provide step by step instructions on how I can set this
up? Please
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 9:15:12 PM

Motorola v710 - ipaq 4150 Bluetooth Connectivity

Okay ... try this.

On the iPaq, go into Settings - Connections (TAB) - Connections ...
Then, under My ISP hit "Add a new modem connection".

Step 1 -
Name: Verizon Wireless
Modem: Bluetooth Dialup Modem

Step 2 -
Number: #777

Step 3 -
Username: YOURNUMBER@vzw3g.com (replace YOURNUMBER with your actual
wireless number)
Password: vzw

Hit the Advanced button -
Baud rate 115200
"Wait for dial tone" unchecked

Hit OK, then Finish.

Now you're going to want to pair the two devices. On the phone go Menu
-> Settings -> Connection -> Bluetooth Link -> Setup -> Find Me and
that will turn discovery on.

Back on the iPaq, go to your Programs and you'll see "Bluetooth
Manager". Go in there and tap "New" then "Connect!". Go down to
"Partner with a Cell Phone" and follow the prompts there.

Now, just try getting online by checking your mail or using Internet
Explorer on your iPaq to browse to a non-local web page.

!