PC can't see device

Wrote a while back about my inability to get my PC to find my Tivo DVR.
Since that time I have tried a few things and am reposting to see if
what I have will help solve the problem.
Setup
wireless broadband router
desktop PC connected to router by ethernet
cable modem connected to router by ethernet
laptop connected to router wirelessly
Tivo DVR connected to router wirelessly
Tivo can receive and send data to my laptop
Tivo can neither receive nor send data to my PC
Tivo, laptop, and PC can all communicate through the router to 'outside'
the network.
I can share files/folders between the PC and laptop

I have unistalled my Norton Firewall from the PC
I have disabled my Windows Firewall
I have disabled Norton Antivirus
I have unistalled/reinstalled the Tivo sw numerous times.
None of this helps.
I have checked the Tivo sw installation on the PC and laptop. These are
identical with the exception of the network devices (PC uses an internal
card, laptop uses a USB adapter)

A Tivo rep says the problem is with the router - I need to tell the
router to accept communications from all network devices individually by
telling the router to open specific ports.
Dell rep says this is incorrect - the router restricts NOTHING within
the network - all communication is allowed.
Nonethless, I tried enabling DMZ on the router. No difference.
I tried to open specific ports on the router. No difference.
Since I know very little about networks, it seems to me if Tivo can
comunicate with the laptop and, if the router is not the problem, there
is something on my PC that is blocking communication with Tivo.

I have tried the following from the Windows command screen

from the laptop
ping to PC - sent 4, received 4, lost 0
ping the tivo - sent 4, received 4, lost 0
telnet to tivo thru port 80 - I get a blank screen (I'm told that's good)
telnet to PC thru port 80 - 'could not open'
telnet to tivo thru port 443 - blank screen
telnet to tivo thru port 2190 (this is the port Tivo claims to use) -
I get a series of cursor-like underscores down the screen
telnet to tivo thru port 8080 - (this is another port Tivo claims to
use)- 'could not open'
But, the laptop and Tivo communicate

from the PC
ping the laptop - sent 4, received 4, lost 0
ping the tivo - sent 4, received 4, lost 0
telnet to tivo thru port 80 - I get 'could not open'
telnet to laptop thru port 80 - 'could not open'
telnet to tivo thru port 443 - blank screen
telnet to tivo thru port 2190 - blank screen
telnet to tivo thru port 8080 - 'could not open'

I have been told VPN sw will block ports. I don't know how to check my
PC for this.
I am willing to listen to any suggestions or tests.

mickus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2005

go into your computer and move the tivo dvr around its not sitting properly
it should read it strait away make sure plugs are correct and sitting
properly in there slots
--
I want a job self trained with goals and i excited to excited again in
something this big.