Source for phase change thermal pads

I have to replace a mobo with an AMD XP 2800+ cpu on it. AMD is very
particular that the ONLY thermal transfer agent they approve for the
CPU/heatsink interface is a phase change pad, but I am unable to find a
retailer that sells them. EVERYBODY sells the tubes of paste, but where
to find the pads?

--
MarkA
(still caught in the maze of twisty little passages, all different)

In article <pan.2005.08.16.13.16.11.70263@stopspam.net>, MarkA says...
> I have to replace a mobo with an AMD XP 2800+ cpu on it. AMD is very
> particular that the ONLY thermal transfer agent they approve for the
> CPU/heatsink interface is a phase change pad, but I am unable to find a
> retailer that sells them. EVERYBODY sells the tubes of paste, but where
> to find the pads?

Use the paste. AMD is talking out of their arse.

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.

Andy

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:16:13 GMT, MarkA <manthony@stopspam.net> wrote:

>I have to replace a mobo with an AMD XP 2800+ cpu on it. AMD is very
>particular that the ONLY thermal transfer agent they approve for the
>CPU/heatsink interface is a phase change pad, but I am unable to find a
>retailer that sells them. EVERYBODY sells the tubes of paste, but where
>to find the pads?
Honeywell PCM45 Thermal Interface Pad (3 Pads)
AMD approved phase change thermal interface for Athlon/Duron
http://www.ajigo-store.com/chomt7therin.html