how to keep domainusers and passwords

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 20, 2004 4:31:12 PM

Hello,

Microsoft give me for my computershop years ago a NFS-serverNT4.0.
We used it for demo and our selves.
Now we find out it has a limit for 10 clients and you cannot upgrade it with
licenties.
I have also a second box with a normal nt4.0 server 10 clients. with I can
upgrade with
clients

How can I install the normal server NT4.0 without losing our domain an its
names, passwords and so on.

greetings
anthony netherlands.

More about : domainusers passwords

Anonymous
December 20, 2004 7:02:23 PM

The old NFS server is the PDC? The easiest way
to retain the domain is to introduce an NT server as
a BDC then promote it to primary. This will automatically
demote the PDC to BDC.

!