how to keep domainusers and passwords

Hello,

Microsoft give me for my computershop years ago a NFS-serverNT4.0.
We used it for demo and our selves.
Now we find out it has a limit for 10 clients and you cannot upgrade it with
licenties.
I have also a second box with a normal nt4.0 server 10 clients. with I can
upgrade with
clients

How can I install the normal server NT4.0 without losing our domain an its
names, passwords and so on.

greetings
anthony netherlands.
1 answer Last reply
More about domainusers passwords

    The old NFS server is the PDC? The easiest way
    to retain the domain is to introduce an NT server as
    a BDC then promote it to primary. This will automatically
    demote the PDC to BDC.

    "news.wanadoo" <prins@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > Microsoft give me for my computershop years ago a NFS-serverNT4.0.
    > We used it for demo and our selves.
    > Now we find out it has a limit for 10 clients and you cannot upgrade it
    > with
    > licenties.
    > I have also a second box with a normal nt4.0 server 10 clients. with I
    > can
    > upgrade with
    > clients
    >
    > How can I install the normal server NT4.0 without losing our domain an
    > its
    > names, passwords and so on.
    >
    > greetings
    > anthony netherlands.