Set up network

I have a new laptop that has more RAM than my home PC, both run WinXP. The
wireless connection is good with router for internet service. Now I want to
network the home pc with laptop to transfer files. Do I now run networking
wizard? I'd like to use the laptop for digital music, to free up space on
the older home pc, etc. I'm pretty good working this stuff out, but need
reassurance as to steps to take...don't want to make a mess of things!
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about network

    Hi
    If both computers are using an Internet connection provided by the same
    Router, they are already Networked.
    You need to set the sharing and map the drive with the music and you would
    be set.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "cctx" <cctx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a new laptop that has more RAM than my home PC, both run WinXP.
    The
    > wireless connection is good with router for internet service. Now I want
    > network the home pc with laptop to transfer files. Do I now run
    networking
    > wizard? I'd like to use the laptop for digital music, to free up space on
    > the older home pc, etc. I'm pretty good working this stuff out, but need
    > reassurance as to steps to take...don't want to make a mess of things!
    > Thanks

Laptops Wireless Networking Wireless Networking