NT to 2003 migration

I have a single NT domain, with one PDC and no BDC's. I
need to upgrade the existing NT domain to AD (keeping the
SAM database). What is the best way to go about this? Can
I use the existing hardware and do an in-place upgrade?

What is the best way to go about this? Can
> I use the existing hardware and do an in-place upgrade?

Yes. See:
How to Upgrade Windows NT Server Version 4.0 to Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298107

Or

How To Upgrade a Windows NT 4.0-Based PDC to a Windows Server 2003-Based
Domain Controller

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326209

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Scott M" <scottm@eta-utah.com> wrote in message
> I have a single NT domain, with one PDC and no BDC's. I
> need to upgrade the existing NT domain to AD (keeping the
> SAM database). What is the best way to go about this? Can
> I use the existing hardware and do an in-place upgrade?

Thanks for the Prompt response!
Does MS offer any custom (phone) support on this migration?

Thanks again!

us;298107

>Or
>
>How To Upgrade a Windows NT 4.0-Based PDC to a Windows
Server 2003-Based
>Domain Controller

us;326209

>hth
>DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>

>"Scott M" <scottm@eta-utah.com> wrote in message
>> I have a single NT domain, with one PDC and no BDC's. I
>> need to upgrade the existing NT domain to AD (keeping
the
>> SAM database). What is the best way to go about this?
Can
>> I use the existing hardware and do an in-place upgrade?
>

>.

Not that I'm aware of.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE