How to Create A BDC in a Windows 2000 Domain network? I

How to Create A BDC in a Windows 2000 Domain network? If U have any
idea pls help me.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Domain-Create-BDC-Windows-2000-network-ftopict241808.html

    If you want to create an NT 4.0 BDC you have to first create the
    computer account using the W2k version of server manager on the
    W2k DC. If you are talking about W2k there are no PDCs and BDCs
    only DCs which are peer to peer. In NT 4.0 changes can only be made
    on the PDC meaning it must be contacted then replicated out to all BDCs.
    In W2k changes an be made on any DC then replicated out to all DCs.

    "Rath" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news
    > How to Create A BDC in a Windows 2000 Domain network? If U have any
    > idea pls help me.

    In news:41ce7d6f$1_3@alt.athenanews.com,
    Rath <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > How to Create A BDC in a Windows 2000 Domain network? If
    > U have any
    > idea pls help me.

    Are you wanting to add another Win2k DC?
    If that is the case there is _no_ such thing as a Win2k BDC, and all have
    writable databases. All you need to do is make sure it points to the
    internal DNS server only for DNS, then Start> Run> dcpromo

    If you are adding an NT4 BDC, you have to set it up as a BDC when you
    install NT4 Server and the Win2k domain must still be in mixed mode.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Domain Windows 2000 Windows