PC shuts down when booting xp

August 9, 2004 11:27:04 AM

My pc has started shutting down every time I boot xp. I have tried
reinstalling xp no joy. I had an old version of Win98 laying around so I
loaded that and it works fine. I try to upgrade from there and I get the
same problem. I have reformatted my hard drive, I have even deleted the
partition and made a new one, but still no joy. Has anyone got any ideas?

More about : shuts booting

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 8:13:58 PM

Hi

Have a look at the following articles to see if they help:

"HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to
Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639&Product=winxp

"HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation When You
Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310064&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny