Users Groups

Hi All,

I am new to FS2004 and am enjoying it very much. Is there any directory of
local User Groups that meet in person? I would love the opportunity to meet
with fellow enthusiasts to trade ideas and better learn the program.

I am located in the Lower Hudson Valley region of New York State.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank M Steinbach wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to FS2004 and am enjoying it very much. Is there any
> directory of local User Groups that meet in person? I would love the
> opportunity to meet with fellow enthusiasts to trade ideas and better
> learn the program.
> I am located in the Lower Hudson Valley region of New York State.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Hi Frank,
I would love to meet you anytime to talk about simming. I live in Winchester
in the UK south of England.
You would be welcome to stay...
--
Quilljar
site

> Hi Frank,
> I would love to meet you anytime to talk about simming. I live in
> Winchester in the UK south of England.
> You would be welcome to stay...

We could all meet down at my local in Woking for a pint or two.
then again I am not sure that larger and Sims are such a good mix.

Florent
--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

> We could all meet down at my local in Woking for a pint or two.
> then again I am not sure that larger and Sims are such a good mix.
>
> Florent

Larger is certainly no help with the smaller sims...

--
Quilly
Website
http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/
Do not reply personally, false address

> Larger is certainly no help with the smaller sims...

.... but perhaps with microlights?

Sorry ...

:) Andreas

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:07:45 -0000, Quilljar wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> I would love to meet you anytime to talk about simming. I live in Winchester
> in the UK south of England.
> You would be welcome to stay...

I suggest we meet in Hong Kong for dinner and drinks two weeks from
Saturday. I'm sure we can find a good restaurant.

Or we could all meet at Dallas' place and try out his super famous chili.
I'll bring the beer! :)

--

Marcel
(If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to

dallas

"Marcel Kuijper"
> I suggest we meet in Hong Kong for dinner and drinks two weeks from
> Saturday.

Great! When can we expect our tickets?

Dallas

dallas

Frank, I would say the answer is no, not that I know of anyway.

If you want to virtually hang out with Flight Sim people this is the best
place.

Dallas

Arthur

I hear Dallas uses Texas road kills in his chili. Gives it that 'Je ne sais
quois' zest he is famous for : )

Arthur

(SNIP)

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I hear Dallas uses Texas road kills in his chili. Gives it that 'Je ne
>sais quois' zest he is famous for : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> (SNIP)
>> Or we could all meet at Dallas' place and try out his super famous chili.
>> I'll bring the beer! :)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Marcel
>> (If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to
>> push it, and when to back off. - Chuck Yeager)

A true Texan never uses road kill in his chili. Texas chili is full-bodied,
never flat. Bill

dallas

"Bill Fenley"
> A true Texan never uses road kill in his chili. Texas chili is
full-bodied,
> never flat.

It's true! I only use Armadillos that have died from natural causes.

Dallas

> "Bill Fenley"
>> A true Texan never uses road kill in his chili. Texas chili is
> full-bodied,
>> never flat.
>
> It's true! I only use Armadillos that have died from natural causes.
>
> Dallas

Reminds me of that old story.

Question: "How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo"???

Answer: "Three-- you need two to watch for cars!!!"

Sorry Dallas, could not help myself, the devil made me do it!!!!! :)))

Paul
(an Okie from "North of Dallas" who heard it from a Texas "Longhorn"
-))))) )

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:21:52 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> We could all meet down at my local in Woking for a pint or two.
>> then again I am not sure that larger and Sims are such a good mix.

Hi Quilljar & Florent

I live in Worthing, in the county of Sunny Sussex (west chapter) -
HAH! British rail permitting, who knows. One of these days.

BTW, Q, you have a mighty beard! Very distinguished.

James

> Hi Quilljar & Florent
>
> I live in Worthing, in the county of Sunny Sussex (west chapter) -
> HAH! British rail permitting, who knows. One of these days.

Well, with the snow we've had lately I wouldn't expect the trains to run
properly until June/July, (and then we would have the old leaf problem:) ).

Florent
--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:14:21 -0000, "Florent"
<spambucket@myoddweb.com> wrote:

>Well, with the snow we've had lately I wouldn't expect the trains to run
>properly until June/July, (and then we would have the old leaf problem:) ).

Hi Florent

There's been very little snow here and what snow there has been didn't
settle at all. More precisely, the precipitation has been a mixture of
snow and sleet. Even so, it has been cold.

I think it was you who asked a while ago why does everybody hate the
French. I came to your defence stating that, at least in my case, this
was not true.

Coming to you rescue once again, I have always felt far warmer in the
minus 10 to 15 degrees C in the French alpes than I have felt here
during the last few days.

However, I must correct you on your sadly misguided assumption. You
assume that the trains run properly in June/July. Hmmmm... ;-)

Regards
James

> There's been very little snow here and what snow there has been didn't
> settle at all. More precisely, the precipitation has been a mixture of
> snow and sleet. Even so, it has been cold.

Well here, it snowed quite a bit, and it's the coldest I remember it, (I've
only been here since 98)

> Coming to you rescue once again, I have always felt far warmer in the
> minus 10 to 15 degrees C in the French alpes than I have felt here
> during the last few days.

The sad part is that I am from the South of France, so I am not used to the
English cold weather, even 15c is cold.
In fact we have no train in my home village so it was quite a culture shock
to learn that snow and leaves could have such an effect on trains.

> However, I must correct you on your sadly misguided assumption. You
> assume that the trains run properly in June/July. Hmmmm... ;-)

Touché :)

> Regards
> James

Florent
--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:55:12 -0000, "Florent"
<spambucket@myoddweb.com> wrote:

>Well here, it snowed quite a bit, and it's the coldest I remember it, (I've
>only been here since 98)

I'm lucky, Florent, I live within three miles of the sea and the salt
in the air tends to keep the snow away.

>> Coming to you rescue once again, I have always felt far warmer in the
>> minus 10 to 15 degrees C in the French alpes than I have felt here
>> during the last few days.
>>
>The sad part is that I am from the South of France, so I am not used to the
>English cold weather, even 15c is cold.

Isola 2000? That resort is quite near to Nice, I believe, not that
I've been there.

>In fact we have no train in my home village so it was quite a culture shock
>to learn that snow and leaves could have such an effect on trains.

Quite right. It's just that we're incompetent on this side of la
Manche.

>> However, I must correct you on your sadly misguided assumption. You
>> assume that the trains run properly in June/July. Hmmmm... ;-)
>
>Touché :)

Voilla.

Jacques.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:52:51 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> It's true! I only use Armadillos that have died from natural causes.

That's like saying: "I only shoot sick animals when I'm hunting." :)

"See that deer, son? He's definately got a fever. I'd better kill him."
-or-
"Oh now there's a sick duck!! You can just tell he's mentally unstable!"

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

dallas

"Paul Riley"
> Sorry Dallas, could not help myself, the devil made me do it!!!!! :)))

That's OK, I went to SMU... that means I hate Aggies and Longhorns. :)

Why do Aggies hate M&Ms? They're too hard to peel. ...

Dallas

Hi Marcel,

Why not take your brother-in-law along too - he and Dallas could swap
chili recipes! :)

Regards,
John Ward