  • Cingular
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
August 6, 2004 3:28:33 AM

I'm planning on staying for 3 weeks in NYC.
I want to bring my own GSM (tri-band) handset, and use it to make and
receive mostly local calls.
Anyone has any idea as to how to do that as cheaply as possible?

I also heard about TracFone, but reading their site I keep getting the
feeling that there is some kind of "gotcha" lurking.

Any responses will be appreciated...

A.

More about : pre paid sim york city

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:31:47 AM

You can't use your own phone with TracFone. It is a TDMA provider.
Is your phone unlocked?

AHK wrote:
> I'm planning on staying for 3 weeks in NYC.
> I want to bring my own GSM (tri-band) handset, and use it to make and
> receive mostly local calls.
> Anyone has any idea as to how to do that as cheaply as possible?
>
> I also heard about TracFone, but reading their site I keep getting the
> feeling that there is some kind of "gotcha" lurking.
>
> Any responses will be appreciated...
>
> A.
August 6, 2004 11:49:37 AM

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:28:33 +0300, AHK <spam@pork.com> wrote:

>I'm planning on staying for 3 weeks in NYC.
>I want to bring my own GSM (tri-band) handset, and use it to make and
>receive mostly local calls.
>Anyone has any idea as to how to do that as cheaply as possible?

T-Mobile "Easy Speak" or cingular KIC prepaid.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
!