Diamond Stealth S60...no changes to functions after drivers

I'm having troubles with Windows 98 understanding the drivers that
came on the drivers disk of a Diamond Stealth S60 (Radeon 7000
enabled) PCI card even after the disk goes through its install
routine.

The drivers folder on the CD doesn't have individual driver files on
it and instead has a compressed CAB file for each operating system
(or like OS's). Do you know of any way to make the computer
understand the card?

"noizyme" <noizyme@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm having troubles with Windows 98 understanding the drivers that
> came on the drivers disk of a Diamond Stealth S60 (Radeon 7000
> enabled) PCI card even after the disk goes through its install
> routine.
>
> The drivers folder on the CD doesn't have individual driver files on
> it and instead has a compressed CAB file for each operating system
> (or like OS's). Do you know of any way to make the computer
> understand the card?

Hi Noizyme

I just checked the specs of your card on the Diamond site, minimum operating
system is 98SE; others include of course ME, 2000 or XP. I like ATI cards,
but unfortunately the later Radeon cards, don't support 98 or 98SE :-(

Yours Technomancer

That's the confusing thing. It finds my OS (WIN 98SE)...actually
detects and says Windows 98...but nothing happens. SO are you saying
that ATI's no longer support WIN 98 at all or only some of their
cards?

TRENDING THREADS