Output to TV is crooked PLEASE HELP!

Hi all. I have recently built a home theater PC. This is solely
connected to my TV in the living room. I am using a GeForce FX5200
Video Card to output to the TV, but the picture is slightly crooked.
I have been looking all over for a fix for this and I just cant find
it. I have the resolution set at 800 x 600 and have tried all
possible refresh rates. I know it is not the TV because I have just
recently bought a new one and it is crooked on both sets. I really
need to fix this problem, as I use the HTPC on a daily basis and it
is really bugging me. If anyone could help it would be much
appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about output crooked help

    Try going for a higher-end FX card, on the count that the 5200 was a
    piece of garbage even when the FX cards were dominating the market.

    Personally, I would pick up a GeForce 6200 for around $60-$70.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
    Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    I also forgot to mention that you should try a different S-video cable.

    If it's still giving you problems, then trash that video card.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen - http://www.coryhansen.com
    Life is journey, not a destination. So stop running.

    awesome. thank you so much, this has been bugging me for a while. Im
    going to go out and get a new cable, and see how that works, and if
    not Ill just pick up a new card. thanks again.

    Wonder how to output 800*600 to a TV????

    Here are resolutions different TV standards..
    http://www.strata.com/support/3dmanual/ch13/ch13_7.html

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "aallen86" <aallen86@iastate-dot-edu.no-spam.invalid> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hi all. I have recently built a home theater PC. This is solely
    > connected to my TV in the living room. I am using a GeForce FX5200
    > Video Card to output to the TV, but the picture is slightly crooked.
    > I have been looking all over for a fix for this and I just cant find
    > it. I have the resolution set at 800 x 600 and have tried all
    > possible refresh rates. I know it is not the TV because I have just
    > recently bought a new one and it is crooked on both sets. I really
    > need to fix this problem, as I use the HTPC on a daily basis and it
    > is really bugging me. If anyone could help it would be much
    > appreciated.

Homebuilt TV Hardware Home Theatre Systems