Can ne1 recommend a good (non-commercial!) Motherboard (or

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 23, 2005 4:17:24 PM

Can ne1 recommend a good (non-commercial!) Motherboard (or all-around) review site?

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2005 11:21:57 PM

"Sam" <sscheinfe@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can ne1 recommend a good (non-commercial!) Motherboard (or all-around)
> review site?
I've used Tom's Hardware and Anandtech.

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 1:29:53 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:17:24 -0400, Sam wrote:

> Can ne1 recommend a good (non-commercial!) Motherboard (or all-around)
> review site?

It's pretty hard to find a non-commercial review site. I like
anandtech.com and techreport.com but they are both commercial businesses.
August 25, 2005 10:03:38 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:17:24 -0400, Sam wrote:

> Can ne1 recommend a good (non-commercial!) Motherboard (or all-around)
> review site?

What do you mean non-commercial? Recommend a motherboard or recommend a
site?

I second Tom's Hardware guide. A recent THG article compared a
low-end m/b to a high-end m/b from the same manufacturer and found zero
difference in performance. The only difference was the number of
peripherals on the boards like 1 AGP slot vs. 2 AGP slots.
!