Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

cd door keeps opening and closing!!!

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 3:32:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
what is causing it.

What else can I check???

Thanks!!!

More about : door opening closing

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 3:32:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Lyn wrote:

>On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
>I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
>anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
>(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
>what is causing it.
>
>What else can I check???

Check if it's possessed.
Call a Priest for an Exorcism.

>
>Thanks!!!
>
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 3:37:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
can't find it with task manager.

"Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:xo0Pe.2043$db6.794@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
> I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
> anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
> (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
> what is causing it.
>
> What else can I check???
>
> Thanks!!!
>
>
Related resources
August 24, 2005 8:53:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

"JimDandy" <Jim@the.rescue> wrote in message
news:p f7pg1ls45njhmdbe7p2b5av0oeb4a5u55@4ax.com...
> Lyn wrote:
>
>>On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
>>I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
>>anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
>>(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
>>what is causing it.
>>
>>What else can I check???
>
> Check if it's possessed.
> Call a Priest for an Exorcism.
>
>>
>>Thanks!!!
>>
>
>

Possessed what superstious rot ...... its the Pixies I tell ye!!

But probably a hardware problem how old's the PC/Drive?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 9:38:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

give it a firm talking to, then check the power supply.
"Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:xo0Pe.2043$db6.794@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
> I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
> anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
> (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
> what is causing it.
>
> What else can I check???
>
> Thanks!!!
>
>
August 24, 2005 9:47:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

In article <Fs0Pe.2048$db6.1189@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
lyn777@bellsouth.net says...
> It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
> can't find it with task manager.
>

I take it this has only just started. Did you change/add anything
recently program-wise?

Try disabling all startup programs in msconfig. Does that stop it from
happening? If not, then go see what's been re-enabled in the startup
group. Is there anything suspicious now been re-ticked?

> "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:xo0Pe.2043$db6.794@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
> > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
> > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
> > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
> > what is causing it.
> >
> > What else can I check???
> >
> > Thanks!!!
> >
> >
>
>
>

--
Pete Ives
Remove All_stRESS before sending me an email
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 9:47:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I had removed everything starting via msconfig. I just went back
and nothing had been re-ticked. About 6 years ago, there was
a nuisance virus that caused the cd tray to open and close and I
thought this was a virus. But none of the scans can detect anything.
There are lots of games on this machine so I will start removing them
but at this point, I don't think that is the problem.
Thanks Peter for your help!

"Peter" <ivingtonAll_stRESS@fast24.co.uk> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d76b513c7c666ec9897dd@news3.fast24.net...
> In article <Fs0Pe.2048$db6.1189@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> lyn777@bellsouth.net says...
> > It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
> > can't find it with task manager.
> >
>
> I take it this has only just started. Did you change/add anything
> recently program-wise?
>
> Try disabling all startup programs in msconfig. Does that stop it from
> happening? If not, then go see what's been re-enabled in the startup
> group. Is there anything suspicious now been re-ticked?
>
> > "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > news:xo0Pe.2043$db6.794@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
> > > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
> > > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
> > > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
> > > what is causing it.
> > >
> > > What else can I check???
> > >
> > > Thanks!!!
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
> Pete Ives
> Remove All_stRESS before sending me an email
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 24, 2005 11:06:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

It did it while I was in safe mode. But I did find several extra spyware
infections
so that was good. Maybe it is fixed now.


"Matt" <themattfella@xxyyyzzzz.com> wrote in message
news:ty3Pe.5178$cg.4037@news02.roc.ny...
> Lyn wrote:
> > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
> > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
> > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
> > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
> > what is causing it.
> >
> > What else can I check???
> >
> > Thanks!!!
> >
> >
>
> Does it happen when you boot into the BIOS? What if you boot ms-dos or
> linux or boot from a windows diskette or boot into windows safe mode?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 26, 2005 12:44:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:46:34 -0400, "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>It did it while I was in safe mode. But I did find several extra spyware
>infections
>so that was good. Maybe it is fixed now.

If not, buy or borrow another drive and see if that cures it. Might be
Pixies after all!

>
>
>"Matt" <themattfella@xxyyyzzzz.com> wrote in message
>news:ty3Pe.5178$cg.4037@news02.roc.ny...
>> Lyn wrote:
>> > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
>> > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
>> > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
>> > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
>> > what is causing it.
>> >
>> > What else can I check???
>> >
>> > Thanks!!!
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Does it happen when you boot into the BIOS? What if you boot ms-dos or
>> linux or boot from a windows diskette or boot into windows safe mode?
>
!