cd door keeps opening and closing!!!

On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
what is causing it.

What else can I check???

Thanks!!!
8 answers Last reply
More about door opening closing

    Lyn wrote:

    >On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
    >I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
    >anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
    >(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
    >what is causing it.
    >
    >What else can I check???

    Check if it's possessed.
    Call a Priest for an Exorcism.

    >Thanks!!!

    It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
    can't find it with task manager.

    "JimDandy" <Jim@the.rescue> wrote in message
    > Lyn wrote:
    >
    >>On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
    >>I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
    >>anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
    >>(zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
    >>what is causing it.
    >>
    >>What else can I check???
    >
    > Check if it's possessed.
    > Call a Priest for an Exorcism.
    >

    >>Thanks!!!

    Possessed what superstious rot ...... its the Pixies I tell ye!!

    But probably a hardware problem how old's the PC/Drive?

    give it a firm talking to, then check the power supply.

    In article <Fs0Pe.2048$db6.1189@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
    lyn777@bellsouth.net says...
    > It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
    > can't find it with task manager.

    I take it this has only just started. Did you change/add anything
    recently program-wise?

    Try disabling all startup programs in msconfig. Does that stop it from
    happening? If not, then go see what's been re-enabled in the startup
    group. Is there anything suspicious now been re-ticked?

    --
    Pete Ives

    I had removed everything starting via msconfig. I just went back
    and nothing had been re-ticked. About 6 years ago, there was
    a nuisance virus that caused the cd tray to open and close and I
    thought this was a virus. But none of the scans can detect anything.
    There are lots of games on this machine so I will start removing them
    but at this point, I don't think that is the problem.
    Thanks Peter for your help!

    "Peter" <ivingtonAll_stRESS@fast24.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In article <Fs0Pe.2048$db6.1189@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
    > lyn777@bellsouth.net says...
    > > It seems that an autoplay command is coming from somewhere. I
    > > can't find it with task manager.
    > >

    > I take it this has only just started. Did you change/add anything
    > recently program-wise?
    >
    > Try disabling all startup programs in msconfig. Does that stop it from
    > happening? If not, then go see what's been re-enabled in the startup
    > group. Is there anything suspicious now been re-ticked?
    >
    > > "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
    > > > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
    > > > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
    > > > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
    > > > what is causing it.
    > > >
    > > > What else can I check???
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!!!
    > > >

    > --
    > Pete Ives
    > Remove All_stRESS before sending me an email

    It did it while I was in safe mode. But I did find several extra spyware
    infections
    so that was good. Maybe it is fixed now.

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:46:34 -0400, "Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >It did it while I was in safe mode. But I did find several extra spyware
    >infections
    >so that was good. Maybe it is fixed now.

    If not, buy or borrow another drive and see if that cures it. Might be
    Pixies after all!

    >"Matt" <themattfella@xxyyyzzzz.com> wrote in message
    >> Lyn wrote:
    >> > On hp7935 the cd door keeps opening and closing.
    >> > I did a repair of operating system, have ran many
    >> > anti-virus programs (zero viruses) and spyware programs
    >> > (zero spyware) and cleaned the registry. I can't find
    >> > what is causing it.
    >> >
    >> > What else can I check???
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!!!
    >> >

    >> Does it happen when you boot into the BIOS? What if you boot ms-dos or
    >> linux or boot from a windows diskette or boot into windows safe mode?

Homebuilt CD-Rom Spyware Systems