Connection times out

I have a windows 2000 domain controller with windows xp clients. I also have
a NT 4 domain controller which serves as a file server on my network. Both
servers trust each other. Intitally i can connect to my file servers from the
xp clients but after 15-30 mins if i try to conect again I cannot. I
sometimes get an error message

"M:\ is not accessable
The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. please ensure
that you can contact the server that authenticated you."

This was not a problem before when we had windows 2000 clients.

Your input would be appreciated!

The XP client cannot contact either file server when the problem
occurs? Make sure the XP clients are not running the SP2 built-in
firewall or make sure file and print sharing is enabled in the firewall
feature.