Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Repairing a corrupt SAM Database

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Does anyone know how to repair a corrupt SAM database on a NT 4.0 PDC, there
is no BDC; receiving alot of Netlogon errors about authentication.

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:41:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Post the exact event ids and descriptions so we can
isolate the corruption.

"Margo" <margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> Does anyone know how to repair a corrupt SAM database on a NT 4.0 PDC,
there
> is no BDC; receiving alot of Netlogon errors about authentication.
>
> Thanks in advance
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:41:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Event ID: 5723
The session setup from the computerJGibbons failed because there is no trust
account in the security database for this computer. The name of the account
referenced in sec. db is Jgibbons$

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

> Post the exact event ids and descriptions so we can
> isolate the corruption.
>
> "Margo" <margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> > Does anyone know how to repair a corrupt SAM database on a NT 4.0 PDC,
> there
> > is no BDC; receiving alot of Netlogon errors about authentication.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:17:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

This error is quite common when downlevel NT clients SP3 or
less attempt to logon to an SP4 or higher DC. Also when an XP
client attempts to join the domain with an encrypted secure channel
which isn't supported in NT. You have to open the local security
policy on the XP machine and disable the member secure channel
encryption policy.

If neither of those fit your description then I would make an attempt
to restore the secure channel using netdom.exe or nltest.exe:

Description of Netdom.exe Syntax and Versions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329721

"Margo" <margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> Event ID: 5723
> The session setup from the computerJGibbons failed because there is no
trust
> account in the security database for this computer. The name of the
account
> referenced in sec. db is Jgibbons$
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 9:09:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Will this also apply if I am unable to manage the computers from server
manager, even though I do not receive this error message?


"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

> This error is quite common when downlevel NT clients SP3 or
> less attempt to logon to an SP4 or higher DC. Also when an XP
> client attempts to join the domain with an encrypted secure channel
> which isn't supported in NT. You have to open the local security
> policy on the XP machine and disable the member secure channel
> encryption policy.
>
> If neither of those fit your description then I would make an attempt
> to restore the secure channel using netdom.exe or nltest.exe:
>
> Description of Netdom.exe Syntax and Versions
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329721
>
> "Margo" <margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> > Event ID: 5723
> > The session setup from the computerJGibbons failed because there is no
> trust
> > account in the security database for this computer. The name of the
> account
> > referenced in sec. db is Jgibbons$
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 9:09:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Will this also apply if I am unable to manage the machines from server manager

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

> This error is quite common when downlevel NT clients SP3 or
> less attempt to logon to an SP4 or higher DC. Also when an XP
> client attempts to join the domain with an encrypted secure channel
> which isn't supported in NT. You have to open the local security
> policy on the XP machine and disable the member secure channel
> encryption policy.
>
> If neither of those fit your description then I would make an attempt
> to restore the secure channel using netdom.exe or nltest.exe:
>
> Description of Netdom.exe Syntax and Versions
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329721
>
> "Margo" <margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> > Event ID: 5723
> > The session setup from the computerJGibbons failed because there is no
> trust
> > account in the security database for this computer. The name of the
> account
> > referenced in sec. db is Jgibbons$
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:44:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

Depends on the error you receive when you attempt
to manage the computers and whether or not the
machines are member servers, DCs or standalone?
"Ken Miller" <Ken Miller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> Will this also apply if I am unable to manage the computers from server
> manager, even though I do not receive this error message?
>
!