error with Windows Media Player...

August 9, 2004 3:51:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi there,

When I call up Popular ScreenSavers, it comes up with an error message
asking if Windows Media Player would like to run that program.

Then the standard "would you like to send or not" error message to Microsoft
comes up.

So, the Popular Screen Savers is trying to call up Windows Media Player for
some reason leading to the error.....

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Gordon
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 7:15:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi,

No screen saver will need media player. Check if it is spyware and do not
attempt to run it unless you are sure that it is a trust worth application
and comes from a trustworthy source.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP