laptop dual monitor question

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I have a laptop with a second monitor port like most have. It seems that the
second monitor only displays what the original ones does. Is there a way in
FS2004 to send one image to the main screen and another image to the remote
display?
6 answers Last reply
More about laptop dual monitor question
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "None" <None@some.com> wrote in message news:fqnTd.4381$TB.2191@edtnps84...
    >I have a laptop with a second monitor port like most have. It seems that
    >the
    > second monitor only displays what the original ones does. Is there a way
    > in
    > FS2004 to send one image to the main screen and another image to the
    > remote
    > display?

    rigthclick on your desktop
    go settings.
    select monitor nr 2
    check "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor."

    in fs you need to undock any window you want to move the monitor nr 2.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    if you mean that monitor 2 is only a copy of monitor one. Then go in to your
    graphics card settings, so my NVIDIA settings as I have an NVIDIA card, and
    there I change it to "duel view" you need to access your vid card settings
    its in the display settings somewhere

    --
    www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
    "None" <None@some.com> wrote in message news:fqnTd.4381$TB.2191@edtnps84...
    >I have a laptop with a second monitor port like most have. It seems that
    >the
    > second monitor only displays what the original ones does. Is there a way
    > in
    > FS2004 to send one image to the main screen and another image to the
    > remote
    > display?

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    yes, that is exactly what is happening...mirror view. I have a SIS650
    chipset and there is only mirror or single mode available in the mode
    selection panle now.. Is there another driver that will allow me to have two
    displays or am i stuck with what i have by virtue of the hardware?

    "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > if you mean that monitor 2 is only a copy of monitor one. Then go in to
    your
    > graphics card settings, so my NVIDIA settings as I have an NVIDIA card,
    and
    > there I change it to "duel view" you need to access your vid card settings
    > its in the display settings somewhere
    >
    > --
    > www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    > www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
    > I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
    > --
    > "None" <None@some.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a laptop with a second monitor port like most have. It seems that
    > >the
    > > second monitor only displays what the original ones does. Is there a way
    > > in
    > > FS2004 to send one image to the main screen and another image to the
    > > remote
    > > display?

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    have you tried updating the driver to the latest version?

    --
    "None" <None@some.com> wrote in message news:%nJTd.7712$ab2.6786@edtnps89...
    > yes, that is exactly what is happening...mirror view. I have a SIS650
    > chipset and there is only mirror or single mode available in the mode
    > selection panle now.. Is there another driver that will allow me to have
    > two
    > displays or am i stuck with what i have by virtue of the hardware?
    >
    > "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> if you mean that monitor 2 is only a copy of monitor one. Then go in to
    > your
    >> graphics card settings, so my NVIDIA settings as I have an NVIDIA card,
    > and
    >> there I change it to "duel view" you need to access your vid card
    >> settings
    >> its in the display settings somewhere
    >>
    >> --
    >> www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    >> www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
    >> I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
    >> --
    >> "None" <None@some.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have a laptop with a second monitor port like most have. It seems that
    >> >the
    >> > second monitor only displays what the original ones does. Is there a
    >> > way
    >> > in
    >> > FS2004 to send one image to the main screen and another image to the
    >> > remote
    >> > display?

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:38:03 GMT, None wrote:

    > yes, that is exactly what is happening...mirror view. I have a SIS650
    > chipset and there is only mirror or single mode available in the mode
    > selection panle now.. Is there another driver that will allow me to have two
    > displays or am i stuck with what i have by virtue of the hardware?

    Most laptop's video output is simply to allow you to use a desktop monitor
    *instead* of the LCD screen, just as you can have an external keyboard and
    mouse if you wish.

    Bill
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    I am afraid this is the situation here. I have a 2gig p4 ibuddie with an
    Sis650 chipset. in the FAQ it says it supports dual monitor and separate
    display but the latest driver only allows mirror or single.....unless I am
    not installing it correctly. For some reason the install program always
    fails to identify the chipset when I do a driver update so I am uncertain if
    I am even installing the latest driver for the 650??
    Any further advice? the ECS website is so slow it is unusable and the only
    thing the sis website provides me is a vga3 download which fails to
    recognise the existing driver... It would sure be nice to have a monitor for
    instruments and one for scenery!

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:38:03 GMT, None wrote:
    >
    > > yes, that is exactly what is happening...mirror view. I have a SIS650
    > > chipset and there is only mirror or single mode available in the mode
    > > selection panle now.. Is there another driver that will allow me to have
    two
    > > displays or am i stuck with what i have by virtue of the hardware?
    >
    > Most laptop's video output is simply to allow you to use a desktop monitor
    > *instead* of the LCD screen, just as you can have an external keyboard and
    > mouse if you wish.
    >
    > Bill

Laptops Games Monitors Video Games