Upgrade old computer need timing advise please.

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 28, 2005 5:15:44 AM

I friend just purchase a new computer and gave me his old one to give
to a someone we knew that needed it, As best I have found out is that
it appears to have a "Azza TK3IS" motherboard unsure of the bios at
this moment, will check tomorrow, I want to install an old AMD 1.2GHz
Athlon processor I have but it has been so long I have forgot the FSB
and timing settings for the 1.2GHz, it currently has a 1.10GHz Duron
and the 1.2GHz processor should help to improve its performance over
the Duron. The computer will only be for typing documents and a
computerized bible program and other light duties.
I found a Manual in pdf format tonight so I should be able to set it
up?

Thank you for your assistance.
Keith.

eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
Version 7.0.7.7
Engine Version 11.9.1
©2004 Computer Associates International, Inc
Update Version 9363
Update Date August 26 2005

More about : upgrade computer timing advise

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2005 5:15:45 AM

The FSB should be 100 mhz, (12 X 100).

For core voltage and additional specs try this page.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/athlon1200/page2.as...

Just how much improvement you should be able to notice is most likely
negligible for the purposes you're installing it. However, it may be more
fun to solve any problems you encounter in simply changing the cpu.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net