Upgrade old computer need timing advise please.

I friend just purchase a new computer and gave me his old one to give
to a someone we knew that needed it, As best I have found out is that
it appears to have a "Azza TK3IS" motherboard unsure of the bios at
this moment, will check tomorrow, I want to install an old AMD 1.2GHz
Athlon processor I have but it has been so long I have forgot the FSB
and timing settings for the 1.2GHz, it currently has a 1.10GHz Duron
and the 1.2GHz processor should help to improve its performance over
the Duron. The computer will only be for typing documents and a
computerized bible program and other light duties.
I found a Manual in pdf format tonight so I should be able to set it
up?

Thank you for your assistance.
Keith.

eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
Version 7.0.7.7
Engine Version 11.9.1
©2004 Computer Associates International, Inc
Update Version 9363
Update Date August 26 2005
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade computer timing advise please

    The FSB should be 100 mhz, (12 X 100).

    For core voltage and additional specs try this page.

    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/athlon1200/page2.asp

    Just how much improvement you should be able to notice is most likely
    negligible for the purposes you're installing it. However, it may be more
    fun to solve any problems you encounter in simply changing the cpu.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "yogi" <yogi@yellowstone.np> wrote in message
    >I friend just purchase a new computer and gave me his old one to give
    > to a someone we knew that needed it, As best I have found out is that
    > it appears to have a "Azza TK3IS" motherboard unsure of the bios at
    > this moment, will check tomorrow, I want to install an old AMD 1.2GHz
    > Athlon processor I have but it has been so long I have forgot the FSB
    > and timing settings for the 1.2GHz, it currently has a 1.10GHz Duron
    > and the 1.2GHz processor should help to improve its performance over
    > the Duron. The computer will only be for typing documents and a
    > computerized bible program and other light duties.
    > I found a Manual in pdf format tonight so I should be able to set it
    > up?
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance.
    > Keith.
    >

    > eTrust EZ Antivirus Protection
    > Version 7.0.7.7
    > Engine Version 11.9.1
    > ©2004 Computer Associates International, Inc
    > Update Version 9363
    > Update Date August 26 2005

Homebuilt Computer Systems