Turtle Beach - SAnta Cruz vs. Montego??

looking to upgrade my sound card. i am not a big audiophile. just like
to listen to music and play games. will i get better sound from
upgrading my Santa Cruz to a Montego? i am not open to a
Soundblaster...i have no need for all the extra stuff including all
the extra drivers and stuff they install.

thanks in advance for the opinions.
tw

jaster

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:13:02 -0500, GolfNut wrote:

> looking to upgrade my sound card. i am not a big audiophile. just like to
> listen to music and play games. will i get better sound from upgrading my
> Santa Cruz to a Montego? i am not open to a Soundblaster...i have no need
> for all the extra stuff including all the extra drivers and stuff they
> install.
>
> thanks in advance for the opinions.
> tw

Doubtful.

<t_d_white@removeme-hotmail.com> wrote:

>looking to upgrade my sound card. i am not a big audiophile. just like
>to listen to music and play games. will i get better sound from
>upgrading my Santa Cruz to a Montego? i am not open to a
>Soundblaster...i have no need for all the extra stuff including all
>the extra drivers and stuff they install.
>
>thanks in advance for the opinions.
>tw

I would just stick with your Santa Cruz the Montego looks like
overkill for your needs. I have a Santa Cruz and it is a good card for
music and good enough for games too. I also have an Audigy2 in another
PC and it is a better gaming card and music sounds pretty good. The
driver updates for Audigy2 can be done just like Windows update now so
it's pretty painless. That's the method I use, I just let Creative
scan my currently installed drivers and it installs the needed driver
updates for you over the web.