Synchronize domain user and local user account

We are migrating from Novell 6.x to Windows with Active Directory.

Novell have a service called Dynamic Local User that adds a NDS user to
local workstation so its possible to have the same desktop when working
"OFFLINE".
Have Microsoft similar solution ?

The first time a user do a login to NDS the user is also created locally
on that computer as an administrator. If the user exist the password are
updated on local useraccount.

Windows Server 2003 Std.
Workstation are running Windows XP eng. (SP2)

Windows doesn't have this functionality. By default the last
10 successful logons are cached in the event a domain controller
is not available the users will still be able to logon to their domain
profile unless of course the profile is roaming.

<snorre.paulsen@aemedia.com> wrote in message news
> We are migrating from Novell 6.x to Windows with Active Directory.
>
> Novell have a service called Dynamic Local User that adds a NDS user to
> local workstation so its possible to have the same desktop when working
> "OFFLINE".
> Have Microsoft similar solution ?
>
> The first time a user do a login to NDS the user is also created locally
> on that computer as an administrator. If the user exist the password are
> updated on local useraccount.

1. What happens the 11 time I login or didnt I understand you right ?
2. You say if we are using roaming profiles it will not work ?

Kind regards

1. Actually I said it wrong. <g> The last 10 different users
that logon will be cached for local authentication in case a
DC is not available. You can change this setting via the
registry. It is common for tighter security to disable the
locally cached profiles.

2. Well technically it will still work because the computer
will kick out a warning telling you the roaming profile is
not available and the locally stored profile will be used.

<snorre.paulsen@aemedia.com> wrote in message news:
> 1. What happens the 11 time I login or didnt I understand you right ?
> 2. You say if we are using roaming profiles it will not work ?

I meant to say its common for tighter security to disable
the locally cached logon credentials not profiles.

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:
> 1. Actually I said it wrong. <g> The last 10 different users
> that logon will be cached for local authentication in case a
> DC is not available. You can change this setting via the
> registry. It is common for tighter security to disable the
> locally cached profiles.
>
> 2. Well technically it will still work because the computer
> will kick out a warning telling you the roaming profile is
> not available and the locally stored profile will be used.

OK

Thanx Michael for your support.

Kind Regards

Your welcome. Have fun.