Words to live by........

Preparation, as I have often rightly said, is two-thirds of any venture.
--Amelia Earhart

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

More about words live

    I hope she prepared to get wet...

    Arthur

    "The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:421E179A.90703@die.spammersearthlink.net...
    > Preparation, as I have often rightly said, is two-thirds of any
    > venture. --Amelia Earhart
    >

    > --
    > To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address
    >

    > Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

    LMAO - now that was funny!

    Al.Fraser

    "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >I hope she prepared to get wet...
    >
    > Arthur
    >
    > "The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
    > message news:421E179A.90703@die.spammersearthlink.net...
    >> Preparation, as I have often rightly said, is two-thirds of any
    >> venture. --Amelia Earhart
    >>

    >> --
    >> To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address
    >>

    >> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

    "The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:421E179A.90703@die.spammersearthlink.net...

    > "Preparation, as I have often rightly said, is two-thirds of any
    > venture". --Amelia Earhart

    "Actually listening to the experts trying to tell you in vein about the
    equipment you have on your airplane and how it should and shouldn't be
    used, and actually arriving at your destination with yourself, your
    navigator, the equipment, AND the airplane in one piece, is, as I have
    often rightly said, at LEAST the other third of the venture! "
    --Dudley Henriques

    You are right and as Andy Mcnab once said, the SAS motto shouldn't be "he
    who dears, wins" it should be "he who prepares wins" Prep is the best way to
    do things, building websites, coding something, building something. Unless I
    am doing a bit of fun fling, I generally plan everything now, even bush
    flying (general directions and not exact of course, where is the fun in that
    ;))

    --
    www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.

    "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > You are right and as Andy Mcnab once said, the SAS motto shouldn't be
    > "he who dears, wins" it should be "he who prepares wins" Prep is the
    > best way to do things, building websites, coding something, building
    > something. Unless I am doing a bit of fun fling, I generally plan
    > everything now, even bush flying (general directions and not exact of
    > course, where is the fun in that ;))

    Just a rambling thought on this ;

    This is a double edge sword really when it comes to flying. Planning is
    essential it's true, and there's little place in flying for those who
    don't plan ahead......BUT....and this is a HUGE but........the other
    side of that sword edge is every bit as important as the ability to
    plan. That other edge is the ability to adapt a plan if required and be
    able to deal with the change if and when something unforeseen takes
    place.
    It's the variables in flying that will kill you, and the ability to
    remain flexible while at the same time working a solid and competent
    plan that will keep you alive to enjoy all the fun.
    :-)
    Dudley Henriques
    International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
    for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
    dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:05:32 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:

    > "Actually listening to the experts trying to tell you in vein about the
    > equipment you have on your airplane and how it should and shouldn't be
    > used, and actually arriving at your destination with yourself, your
    > navigator, the equipment, AND the airplane in one piece, is, as I have
    > often rightly said, at LEAST the other third of the venture! "
    > --Dudley Henriques

    Did you just quote yourself, Dudley? ;-)

    --

    Marcel
    (There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:05:32 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >
    >> "Actually listening to the experts trying to tell you in vein about
    >> the
    >> equipment you have on your airplane and how it should and shouldn't
    >> be
    >> used, and actually arriving at your destination with yourself, your
    >> navigator, the equipment, AND the airplane in one piece, is, as I
    >> have
    >> often rightly said, at LEAST the other third of the venture! "
    >> --Dudley Henriques
    >
    > Did you just quote yourself, Dudley? ;-)

    Nah! Just a play on paraphrasing and a bit of literary license thrown in
    for good measure :-)

    I really hate to be pedantic Dudley, but now I have been given this Hall of
    Fame English thingy, I want to know what you mean by 'in vein' :-) Is it
    some druggie thing?

    Quilly
    Website
    http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/
    Do not reply personally, false address

    >I really hate to be pedantic Dudley, but now I have been given this
    >Hall of Fame English thingy, I want to know what you mean by 'in vein'
    >:-) Is it some druggie thing?

    You're right Quilly!!! :-) Must be those damn blood tests I've been
    taking lately.......or my fingers need to slow down to my senior moment
    capabilities!! :-)
    Vain would be the word.
    Just keep one thing in mind whenever I do this will ya? Remember, if you
    put a chimp in front of a typewriter, sooner or later he's gonna write
    War and Peace!!! :-)))

    Dudley Henriques wrote:
    > you put a chimp in front of a typewriter, sooner or later he's gonna
    > write War and Peace!!! :-)))

    I'll lay odds the first draft is "War and Piece".........

    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >> you put a chimp in front of a typewriter, sooner or later he's gonna
    >> write War and Peace!!! :-)))
    >
    > I'll lay odds the first draft is "War and Piece".........

    Now that you mention it, I guess there's only one chromosome difference
    between Tolstoy and the chimp!!! :-)))

    Just watched the tail end of a Discovery Channel show in which a couple of
    AA pilots hit the wrong buttons on an FMC and went heading off 120 degrees
    in the wrong direction in South America. Didn't have a clue where they were,
    but never went off auto pilot. Meanwhile the 757 was in descent, dragging
    some flaps. They tried to climb to avoid terrain, but the drag prevented it
    and they went in. The commentating pros said they should have taken over
    from the FMC and flown the darned plane. Sounds reasonable.

    "Quilljar"
    > I really hate to be pedantic Dudley, but now I have been given this Hall
    of
    > Fame English thingy, I want to know what you mean by 'in vein' :-)

    Professor Quilly Strikes Again!

    Dallas

    Chris,

    Was Andy McNab wearing a rather fetching set of pink combat trousers and
    gold earrings when he made the comments about the "dears".

    I have forwarded your comments to a group of blokes in Hereford UK who are
    most interested in them. I'm sure they will take your word for it that it
    was a simple typo after they've put you through 72 hours of sleep
    deprivation and some general humiliation.

    Sorry couldn't dare to resist.

    Geoff

    "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > You are right and as Andy Mcnab once said, the SAS motto shouldn't be "he
    > who dears, wins" it should be "he who prepares wins" Prep is the best way
    > do things, building websites, coding something, building something. Unless
    > am doing a bit of fun fling, I generally plan everything now, even bush
    > flying (general directions and not exact of course, where is the fun in
    that
    > ;))
    >
    > --
    > www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    > www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
    > I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
    > --
    > "The Lindbergh Baby" <johngrabowski1@die.spammersearthlink.net> wrote in
    > message news:421E179A.90703@die.spammersearthlink.net...
    > > Preparation, as I have often rightly said, is two-thirds of any
    > > venture. --Amelia Earhart
    > >

    > > --
    > > To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address
    > >

    > > Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

    Hi Dudley,

    That sounds like the voice of experience to me - good advice.

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@trashearthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > You are right and as Andy Mcnab once said, the SAS motto shouldn't be
    > > "he who dears, wins" it should be "he who prepares wins" Prep is the
    > > best way to do things, building websites, coding something, building
    > > something. Unless I am doing a bit of fun fling, I generally plan
    > > everything now, even bush flying (general directions and not exact of
    > > course, where is the fun in that ;))
    >
    > Just a rambling thought on this ;
    >
    > This is a double edge sword really when it comes to flying. Planning is
    > essential it's true, and there's little place in flying for those who
    > don't plan ahead......BUT....and this is a HUGE but........the other
    > side of that sword edge is every bit as important as the ability to
    > plan. That other edge is the ability to adapt a plan if required and be
    > able to deal with the change if and when something unforeseen takes
    > place.
    > It's the variables in flying that will kill you, and the ability to
    > remain flexible while at the same time working a solid and competent
    > plan that will keep you alive to enjoy all the fun.
    > :-)
    > Dudley Henriques
    > International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    > Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
    > for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
    > dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net

    Yeah! There have indeed been a few times when I had to do things "on the
    fly" so to speak :-)

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi Dudley,
    >
    > That sounds like the voice of experience to me - good advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@trashearthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > You are right and as Andy Mcnab once said, the SAS motto shouldn't
    >> > be
    >> > "he who dears, wins" it should be "he who prepares wins" Prep is
    >> > the
    >> > best way to do things, building websites, coding something,
    >> > building
    >> > something. Unless I am doing a bit of fun fling, I generally plan
    >> > everything now, even bush flying (general directions and not exact
    >> > of
    >> > course, where is the fun in that ;))
    >>
    >> Just a rambling thought on this ;
    >>
    >> This is a double edge sword really when it comes to flying. Planning
    >> is
    >> essential it's true, and there's little place in flying for those who
    >> don't plan ahead......BUT....and this is a HUGE but........the other
    >> side of that sword edge is every bit as important as the ability to
    >> plan. That other edge is the ability to adapt a plan if required and
    >> be
    >> able to deal with the change if and when something unforeseen takes
    >> place.
    >> It's the variables in flying that will kill you, and the ability to
    >> remain flexible while at the same time working a solid and competent
    >> plan that will keep you alive to enjoy all the fun.
    >> :-)
    >> Dudley Henriques
    >> International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
    >> Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
    >> for private email; make necessary changes between ( )
    >> dhenriques(at)(delete all this)earthlink(dot)net

    Hi Dudley,

    Well, I wasn't intending on mentioning anything, just replying, but, now
    that you mention it, where the hell can I get my hands on that chromosome,
    so I can finally write something decent here?? :-)))

    Regards,
    John Ward (just call me chimp, champ)

    > "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > > Dudley Henriques wrote:
    > >> you put a chimp in front of a typewriter, sooner or later he's gonna
    > >> write War and Peace!!! :-)))
    > >
    > > I'll lay odds the first draft is "War and Piece".........
    >
    > Now that you mention it, I guess there's only one chromosome difference
    > between Tolstoy and the chimp!!! :-)))

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Hi Dudley,
    >
    > Well, I wasn't intending on mentioning anything, just replying,
    > but, now
    > that you mention it, where the hell can I get my hands on that
    > chromosome,
    > so I can finally write something decent here?? :-)))

    Hey...you're doing fine ole' buddy (that's mate to you). I've actually
    learned to read some Australian. It's not as hard as English !! :-))))
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:389shnF5fvdjtU1@individual.net...
    >>I really hate to be pedantic Dudley, but now I have been given this Hall of Fame English thingy, I want to know what
    >>you mean by 'in vein' :-) Is it some druggie thing?
    >
    > You're right Quilly!!! :-) Must be those damn blood tests I've been taking lately.......or my fingers need to slow
    > down to my senior moment capabilities!! :-)
    > Vain would be the word.
    > Just keep one thing in mind whenever I do this will ya? Remember, if you put a chimp in front of a typewriter, sooner
    > or later he's gonna write War and Peace!!! :-)))

    And if you put the chimps book in front of a cat's food dish sooner or later he will read it.

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    Carl Frisk wrote:
    > And if you put the chimps book in front of a cat's food dish sooner
    > or later he will read it.

    When he/she is damn good and ready.......... d:->))
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Oh God Geoff,
    I wanted to say somwething like that too, but could never have put it half
    so well!

    ROTFL!

    Quilly
    Website
    http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/
    Do not reply personally, false address
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Quilly,

    Glad it caused a smile. As a Brit you probably appreciated the geographical