Can't connect

I have a laptop that can't connect to a wireless network even though my my pc
is wireless capable. My girlfriend recently bought a new notebook pc and
right out of the box it detected an available wireless connection. Meanwhile
in the same house my notebook pc can't detect a connection. Help would be
very greatly appreciated because I am clueless on what to do.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about connect

    Do you have the wireless turned on for the computer. Many have a way to
    turn off the wireless signal device, so you might check that.

    I assume when you scan for networks, nothing shows up. Is the network
    broadcasting it's SSID?

    Are you using WinXP SP2, and if so are you using the Windows configuration
    utility for the device or the manufacturer's one?

    Clark

    "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop that can't connect to a wireless network even though my my
    >pc
    > is wireless capable. My girlfriend recently bought a new notebook pc and
    > right out of the box it detected an available wireless connection.
    > Meanwhile
    > in the same house my notebook pc can't detect a connection. Help would be
    > very greatly appreciated because I am clueless on what to do.
    >
    > Thanks
  2. If you click on this link http://www.connectionwizard.comoj.com/ and go to my malware removal section, there is detailed instructions that will help you. just click on the instructions link. the software is totally free and very easy instructions on using it. Everyone needs to get all the microsoft updates before the worm hits. Microsoft updates has a patch so you won't get it. I hear it's a bad one too. Tell your friends about this site when you are done. The site is currently under construction but I do have all the links for the software up and starting the instructions, now so be patient. Instructions for the first one are already in there.

Wireless Connection Notebooks Wireless Networking