Good Micro ATX case?

Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
good, but they're pricey.
8 answers Last reply
More about good micro case

    On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
    >good, but they're pricey.

    This one is rated highly. That price is CAD.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=11711&vpn=ARIA&manufacture=ANTEC

    Hi,

    I've been building since about 1996. I've found Antec to produce
    excellent cases, but I've had similarly good results with Enlight and Inwin
    cases.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net

    wrote:

    >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
    >good, but they're pricey.

    I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
    look:

    http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

    J. Eric Durbin wrote:
    > On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
    > >good, but they're pricey.
    >
    > I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
    > look:
    >
    > http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

    Not bad. Now I have to find a board with no on board video, Firewire
    (with headers for the case) and AGP.
    Intel based.

    On 2 Sep 2005 05:13:50 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >J. Eric Durbin wrote:
    >> On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
    >> >good, but they're pricey.
    >>
    >> I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
    >> look:
    >>
    >> http://www.directron.com/venus668.html
    >
    >Not bad. Now I have to find a board with no on board video, Firewire
    >(with headers for the case) and AGP.
    >Intel based.

    Do a Froogle search. There are plenty of MATX boards with Firewire and
    AGP slots. As for the integrated graphics, if you plan to use a
    graphics card, you can just disable onboard graphics in BIOS unless
    you have a reason for not wanting to do that. High-end boards designed
    for gamers and artists tend be the one's w/o integrated graphics but
    they also tend to be full-sized ATX.

    BTW, firewire cards are cheap so lack of integrated Firewire shouldn't
    be a showstopper.

    Monarch Computers makes a small form factor gaming system called the
    Hornet using a u-atx motherboard. You might take a look at how they
    set things up:

    http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=80407

    I'm curious...

    Why go micro ATX over say SFF?

    "J. Eric Durbin" <zyzygy@plenipotentiary.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:

    > I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
    > look:
    >
    > http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

    That's a Mini-ITX case, does a Micro-ATX mobo fit well?

    Jan Alter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been building since about 1996. I've found Antec to produce
    > excellent cases, but I've had similarly good results with Enlight and Inwin
    > cases.

    Antec is probably the best, but like you, I've used Enlight and Inwin as
    well.

Homebuilt Cases ATX Systems