Hi,

I've been building since about 1996. I've found Antec to produce
excellent cases, but I've had similarly good results with Enlight and Inwin
cases.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

wrote:

>Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
>good, but they're pricey.

I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
look:

http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

Justin

J. Eric Durbin wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
> >good, but they're pricey.
>
> I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
> look:
>
> http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

Not bad. Now I have to find a board with no on board video, Firewire
(with headers for the case) and AGP.
Intel based.

On 2 Sep 2005 05:13:50 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>J. Eric Durbin wrote:
>> On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Who makes good micro ATX cases? Antec? Powermax? I know Lian Li is
>> >good, but they're pricey.
>>
>> I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
>> look:
>>
>> http://www.directron.com/venus668.html
>
>Not bad. Now I have to find a board with no on board video, Firewire
>(with headers for the case) and AGP.
>Intel based.

Do a Froogle search. There are plenty of MATX boards with Firewire and
AGP slots. As for the integrated graphics, if you plan to use a
graphics card, you can just disable onboard graphics in BIOS unless
you have a reason for not wanting to do that. High-end boards designed
for gamers and artists tend be the one's w/o integrated graphics but
they also tend to be full-sized ATX.

BTW, firewire cards are cheap so lack of integrated Firewire shouldn't
be a showstopper.

Monarch Computers makes a small form factor gaming system called the
Hornet using a u-atx motherboard. You might take a look at how they
set things up:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=80407

Tim

"J. Eric Durbin" <zyzygy@plenipotentiary.com.invalid> wrote in message
> On 30 Aug 2005 20:48:17 -0700, "Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> I built an MATX system using the Morex Venus which has a nice retro
> look:
>
> http://www.directron.com/venus668.html

That's a Mini-ITX case, does a Micro-ATX mobo fit well?

Jan Alter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been building since about 1996. I've found Antec to produce
> excellent cases, but I've had similarly good results with Enlight and Inwin
> cases.

Antec is probably the best, but like you, I've used Enlight and Inwin as
well.