Trust relation between computer and domain

evert

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
evert.meulie.net

A NT workstation is added to the domain but every time it's switched off and
then the next day on again i get the message "System cannot log you on to the
domain because the systems computer account has become mismatched with that
of the domain database".
When i look with server management i get the message "The trust relationship
between this computer and the domain cannot be established".
I can reastablish the trust but the next time the machine is started ie. the
next day i get the same messages.
Is there anyone who knows a solution to this problem?

The domain is NT 4.0 or W2k3? If W2k3 make sure the workstation
is running SP4 or higher. If NT 4.0 domain then I suspect you have
multiple BDCs on the domain which are not properly replicating with
the PDC.

"Evert" <Evert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> A NT workstation is added to the domain but every time it's switched off
and
> then the next day on again i get the message "System cannot log you on to
the
> domain because the systems computer account has become mismatched with
that
> of the domain database".
> When i look with server management i get the message "The trust
relationship
> between this computer and the domain cannot be established".
> I can reastablish the trust but the next time the machine is started ie.
the
> next day i get the same messages.
> Is there anyone who knows a solution to this problem?

If your Domain is Active Directory check your DNS. MS AD uses DNS for
everything.
--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.

>A NT workstation is added to the domain but every time it's switched off
>and
> then the next day on again i get the message "System cannot log you on to
> the
> domain because the systems computer account has become mismatched with
> that
> of the domain database".
> When i look with server management i get the message "The trust
> relationship
> between this computer and the domain cannot be established".
> I can reastablish the trust but the next time the machine is started ie.
> the
> next day i get the same messages.
> Is there anyone who knows a solution to this problem?

evert

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
evert.meulie.net

It's a NT 4.0 domain with 3 BDC's and synchronizing normally.
There all running SP6.